Weird poop while shedding

Specialf

Hiya, worried new parent here:

Barnaby started his 2nd (with me) shed yesterday, I did notice a bulge in his tail as I went to bed last night, this morning I get up and a huge, stinky gross poop greets me, along with a mucous-y "slug" in the tank:

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled, Male, Born Xmas 2011, been with me 3 months.
Handling - Rarely, he comes out when he's being cleaned but I keep him sitting on his ficus tree while I sort his stuff out.
Feeding - Locusts mostly, a few black crix but usually brown ones but they've just run out! Fed with beaphar crix food and whatever I can find that's fresh (usually fresh sprouts from the garden that we don't eat!)
Supplements - Ca every day on the locusts, Ca+D3 once a week.
Watering - I have the zoo med repti-fogger set up to run for half an hour to 45 minutes up to 5 times a day. It's set to blow through the mesh on top so it condenses and drips onto the ficus leaves directly below it. He was getting a bit dehydrated as it was set too low a week ago so I've turned it up a bit.
Fecal Description - Usually dark, quite easy to clean up but today really gross looking (have attached pics). Urate is usually nice and light with a small orange tip.
History - came from a reputable dealer

Cage Info:
Cage Type - The Exo Terra Glass Terrarium 30x30x45cm - I have a screen that covers the open doors that I use when the room is warm enough (when the heating has been on and will be going back over again in warmer months) to aid ventilation.
Lighting - 2 x reptiglo 5.0 tubes and a 50w halogen for heat
Temperature - 2 x thermometers at either corner of the tank with a basking spot under the bulb in the middle, usual gradient is 84-76oF. Plus a digital hygrometer.

The pics are of the two "poops" - one looks like an undigested locust to me the other a slug, and one of his overall setup (that's not a water bowl, it's where I put his food btw!). I can take one of him but he's being grumpy while shedding and hiding every time I go near!

Attachments

• poop1.jpg
    poop1.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 171
  • poop2.jpg
    poop2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 133
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 120
the one in the first pic just looks like part of the poop to me. Sometimes it will like that. The second one looks weird and you are right, it looks like undigested food. What are your basking temps set at?

Moving the probe to his basking spot, it's just under 90F. I've had to move the spot closer to the bulb as he started to hang upside-down from the mesh directly underneath it, since moving the twig upwards he hasn't done this thankfully!

Back
Top Bottom