Wattage for heat lamp in 24x24x48

murtasma

I just purchased a 24x24x48 screen mesh cage from lllreptile.com. I also got a lamp stand and a 8 1/2'' ceramic light fixture for the bulb. I order a 75 watt bulb. For a cage this size would this bulb be to weak or to strong?

Hopefully it will be just right. What wattage bulbs do you use in your setup?

I just purchased a 24x24x48 screen mesh cage from lllreptile.com. I also got a lamp stand and a 8 1/2'' ceramic light fixture for the bulb. I order a 75 watt bulb. For a cage this size would this bulb be to weak or to strong?

Hopefully it will be just right. What wattage bulbs do you use in your setup?

I use a 75W in all my cages 24x24x48 and 18x18x36. they seem to be perfect. Make sure the basking spot is not too close to the top and if you need to just raise it up a little. Just check the temp. I have mine sitting on top of the screen.

Depending on where you live and what season it is you have to adjust the wattage to be able to get the right basking spot temp.
I live in SoCal where it can get pretty hot, so 50 watt is good for all year around.
But, I have 75 watt in handy in case the winter comes with extra force.

Ok cool I live in Michigan. I think the 75 watt should be perfect. I was sure to get a lamp stand that adjusted up to 36 inches high so I can move the lamp back if it gets to hot in the summer but I should be able to use the 75 watt year round here.

Thanks for the quick responses.

wattage

I live in southern ontario and find it necessary to utilize a 125 w. check your temps and good luck!!!
Stephen

Back
Top Bottom