Water, water and water,

Kitro

Hello, I am a new member here , my friends call me Dave. I've kept chameleons numerous times in my 45 year old life. I currently am caring for a beautiful female carpeted juvi. But have come upon many different opinions as to what type of water to use. In older books from 70's to 80s it was always distilled water. Nowadays I hear bottled water and even others saying tap water is fine.

As I am a master aeroponics gardner I have always used RO ( reverse osmosis) filtered water for my garden and my house. It strips out all the crap in the water to less than 10ppm, by comparison tap water usually ranges from 150-375 ppm's. My question is are there any additives in tap water that chamois. Need? I don't see chloromines and flouride beneficial to the chams. Anybody that has knowledge your opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

I believe filtered water is the better alternative. Tap water can be used depending on your location. I use it where I am without issues because of the good quality, but there are places where tap water is not as pure & needs additional treatment. If you have a choice , use the filtered water. Your cham will thank you.

Many here use RO water, not just because it's cleaner but because it won't clog up the misting nozzles if you have an automatic system. I also use tap water because it's fine in my area but filtered would be best. If you have an RO filter then excellent, go ahead and use it!

Many here use RO water, not just because it's cleaner but because it won't clog up the misting nozzles if you have an automatic system. I also use tap water because it's fine in my area but filtered would be best. If you have an RO filter then excellent, go ahead and use it!

How can I find out if my tap water is ok to use for my cham?

Back
Top Bottom