Where to buy Reverse Osmosis / Distilled Water for Mister

So I'm very very new to this.... RO water is basically filtered water to the extreme. Distilled water is done through boiling and evaporation to filter the water. And then you mentioned RO from your fish store... Because I'm a reef guy you want to make sure that it is 100% RO and not RO/DI. Most fish stores would sell RO/DI water for top off and new tanks. RO isn't normally clean enough because it doesn't remove the heavy metals and minerals that are dangerous to fish tanks. DI water is not healthy to consume, so I'd be concerned about chameleons consuming it as well. Not sure if there is a post about using DI water, but I'd be happy to write up some concerns....

So I'm very very new to this.... RO water is basically filtered water to the extreme. Distilled water is done through boiling and evaporation to filter the water. And then you mentioned RO from your fish store... Because I'm a reef guy you want to make sure that it is 100% RO and not RO/DI. Most fish stores would sell RO/DI water for top off and new tanks. RO isn't normally clean enough because it doesn't remove the heavy metals and minerals that are dangerous to fish tanks. DI water is not healthy to consume, so I'd be concerned about chameleons consuming it as well. Not sure if there is a post about using DI water, but I'd be happy to write up some concerns....
I’m not too familiar with this either, but RO is made using osmosis, not sure about the reverse part lol. I didn’t know that RO/DI water was different from RO? I haven’t bought any of it from there, I buy their premade salt water and their is a RO/DI pump next to it. I thought RO does remove minerals and that is why we use it for our misters, so they don’t build up and clog it. I’m not sure about the heavy metals though.

I’m interested about the DI water though, so I’d be happy to read about it :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom