Water Drippers

CammieBaby

I purchased my Veiled Chameleon Cammie from LLL reptile. She is beautiful and very well tempered. I have a question on how to make her familiar with drinking water. The things I have tried are a slow drip at the faucet/cup:eek: near her mouth, misting and a running waterfall. None of these things seem to interest her and only one of these actually is good for her. What can be done so that she has plenty of fluids?:D

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Mist for a few minutes atleast 3 times a day and drip the dripped in to a leaf and she will drink when she's thirsty. Most likely she is drinking you just haven't seen her. Do her poops have white in it?

Ya what lights are you using? Also it looks like the plants have fertilizer in the soil and it's recommended to empty the top few inches and repot with organic soil and add rocks so your Cham won't ingest the soil or fertilizer which can kill ur girl. I would also add more vines and branches for her to climb on and maybe a fuller plant?

Neat..

Night glow bulbs.. I live in Nevada and I place her at an open window.. Plus, I have a UVB light in my bathroom when she isn't near light.. She loves it.. Her poop was white and yellow.. Now its brown and juicy.. I have been making her cricket glud loaded and watery.. To supplement her water.. It's like she doesn't even care for water..:confused: I'm going to add some vines the 65 gallon reptarium has a Cherry Tree vine with silk flower that she loves to vine on..

Nope, they're Moonlight 40watts by Exo Terra.. Pretty neat stuff. Ihave them casue its about 110 degrees here during the daytime and I have my air conditioner on full blast 74 degrees.. She wouldn't like it being below 75 in there with the open screen cage.. I love them!

Just when I'm humidifying her... That's the first set up picture. Right now she is by the open window in my bedroom.. I have her cage on a roller tv stand. She goes from the bathroom to my bedroom to the second bedroom.. Its alot of sun trust me..

One thing to keep in mind is that UV rays do not pass through glass. As long as the window is open then you're all good! :) I would suggest getting rid of the waterfall.... great place for bacteria to grow.

Well, she is drinking off of the faucet in the mornings.. It's not the waterfall nutrient aquafina but it is water.. Very happy she started doing this.. But I am handling her so often she is just climbing onto my hand.. I think alot of people must have handled her at the pet store I bought her from.. She is such a good little girl.

Back
Top Bottom