Warm Shower ?

Porky1961

Hello All,
Happy Thanksgiving. I have a question, I have a male veiled chameleon approximately 1-1/2 years old. I have seen mention on here about giving their chameleons a warm shower. What benefit does this provide for them and does this really mean to hold them in the shower itself.

Thank You

Mark B. :confused:

well, there is a method to showering,

you never want to put the water directly on the cham, put a plant for him to sit on, with the water hitting the back of the shower. so the driplits/misting effects hits the plant and him.

Water should be warm, not hot.

and the benefits are he is getting hydrated really well. typically you do this if your animal is dehydrated.

but on occasion, its my opinion that its not such a bad idea.

I put my chams in the shower the other day. i put 2 plants in there then my cham on the plant with the water running down the wall.

I shower my chams in warm water under the faucet every week to clean any possible bacteria buildup. I think its good to keep them clean. They all seem to enjoy the showers after a couple experiences. It seems to be like a massage. I also massage them gently with my fingers to stimulate healthy muscles and blood circulation while rinsing them in warm water. The chams always 'light up' afterwards. Just like a dog after the bath. The dog runs all around the place and stoked to be clean.

Back
Top Bottom