Warm air, :gasp: , humidifier with cleaning instructions. Thoughts?

WilcoxAE

Established Member
What do y'all think about using this warm air humidifier if following the thorough cleaning as shown in the video.

I know a lot of y'all speak harshly about warm air humidifiers, but I feel bacteria can be avoided if frequently cleaned. ??

Anyone here use a warm-air humidifier? Thoughts?

Amazon linky to Honeywell:
http://amzn.to/1RzY90t

Youtube link to how to clean like a germophobe champ:

It's not the bacteria part of warm air humidifiers that scares me. Cool air humidifiers are the same risk and need to be cleaned regularly too. What I don't like about warm air is that it comes out as steam and when I held my hand in the stream it burned! Even further away it still was quite warm. So the risk is more that it is hot steam on chameleons which can cause burns or overheating.

It's not the bacteria part of warm air humidifiers that scares me. Cool air humidifiers are the same risk and need to be cleaned regularly too. What I don't like about warm air is that it comes out as steam and when I held my hand in the stream it burned! Even further away it still was quite warm. So the risk is more that it is hot steam on chameleons which can cause burns or overheating.
This! Getting rid of bacteria is easy.

Back
Top Bottom