Heat + Humidity = RI ??

Yes mine was not happy about it either. I chose my timing wisely. We had a small leak under the sink, for a few weeks, and mold was starting to grow a bit, before I got to it. So I had to rip out the old bottom of that cupboard and out in a new piece. And I told her, that was part of the reason and this was my fix! Shh don't tell her :).

You can't see the lines, they are in the underframe of the cupboards floor in the hardwoods groove where it meets the carpets so I don't think she even knows what I did other than fix the drip and the cupboards :p. I did tell her I was going to do it, and she griped a bit, but the leak is fixed and I think she forgot lol.

If you have a reptile room, I would just run water to it. Tie in a line under the house, and fun a tap and for the RO, and drain it outside. Tell her your setting up a garden for her that self waters :).

I've used similar excuses (water leaks) in the past to buy new enclosures :ROFLMAO:

Ultimately I'm not sure it'd be worth it for me to set up such a system as my "reptile room" consists of only 4 chameleons at the moment. I plan to purchase a pair of Kinyongia boehmei later this year at which point it will be 6, but given the *extremely* small size of our home (Korean apartment) I could not fit any more enclosures into the room unless I took out a rack of shelves which contain all my reptile equipment and supplies. Right now I have to refill my Mistking reservoir every 2 weeks which is absolutely nothing compared to when I had 8 aquarium tanks in our house.

Hmmm, small leak. I had a small leak lead to an entirely new enclosure build. I wonder what other things can leak...

If the floor in the office got damaged, could that lead to a chameleon room???

:unsure:

That has to be a new article?

I love Madcham, and try to read anything they add, I wish they would date.

That Article, displays my issue with Foggers, entirely. That is the same thoughts I came to, for the same reasons. Its great to see, that others with MUCH more experience and knowledge, have had the same thoughts and conclusions.

I have been singing that song for a long time, Fog in the form our "foggers put out" are too large of particles to be hydrating. Humidity and that Fog is not the same thing. Bacteria is a major concern of mine (and it seems theirs, they even mention the slime and that me and Night have seen).

This is what set me down the path of finding other options, of which lead me to thinking about Swamp Coolers, and then with the still having a bacteria risk, pushed my idea to plants, and the Arcea Palm, most importantly.

Like you have NO IDEA how good this article makes me feel. I was starting to think I was a nut job and was freaking out for no reason, until this thread today, and now this article. You have made my YEAR kinyonga.

I am glad I read that. I did help confirm some thought I had.

I don’t believe they get any sustainable water from fog. But I do believe it may have other roles to play.

The other thing that I always wonder about is how often are they cleaning? And what type of enclosure?
I use MH lights, I think they are great. I also think they can be dangerous if not used correctly. This is how I feel about foggers. I think they are great for some applications and deadly in others.

For cleaning even the CDC says too sterilize once a week. I make it easy on myself. They don’t need fog every day, so every third day I dump it out and let it dry for a day.

Again I think airflow is a factor, and setup plays a role as well.

And I don't think it is fog, so much as higher humidity, however you get there .

My personal theory for Veiled chameleon anyway, is that 1) they don’t get moisture, but rather it helps in retaining moisture.
2) the regular rise and fall of humidity helps to maintain healthy lungs.

My personal theory for Veiled chameleon anyway, is that 1) they don’t get moisture, but rather it helps in retaining moisture.
2) the regular rise and fall of humidity helps to maintain healthy lungs.

I agree with 1.

For 2. I do not deal with Velieds, but in the case of Panthers, it doesn't really rise and fall that much, depending on locale. But 100% humidity is still pretty thick.

However I reckon that is more tempature based. As humidity rises when tempature falls. There is calculators and such for it. Anyway, if its 75% humidity, at 85 during the day for a Panther biome when the night hits 65, the same humidty will be close to 100.

Back
Top Bottom