Vorax

Pure

After much anticipation here they finally are.

011.jpg

009.jpg

and the other one.

016.jpg

Currently they are housed together. Julie thinks they are probably 1.1 so they will be separated in a month or so. ATM they are still very young and very small, about 3 inches TL.

Thanks again Julie I'm really liking these guys!

Very cool gecko Pure! I read up on them and they are really neat! Were you going to try breeding them one day? They're reeeeeaaaallly cute.

-Andrea

Very cool gecko Pure! I read up on them and they are really neat! Were you going to try breeding them one day? They're reeeeeaaaallly cute.

-Andrea

That's the plan. When I'm ready, I'm going to talk to the admin of Pangaea about getting a couple from him. There doesn't seem to be too many people working with these. It's a shame because as adults they are very impressive.

They are pretty interesting. Their skin is so delicate. I need to get a pic of the rolls along their under side.

But of coarse! Thanks again.

I do know of someone who has 2 eggs cooking. *cough* Julie *cough*

G. Marginata

There doesn't seem to be too many people working with these. It's a shame because as adults they are very impressive.

They are pretty interesting. Their skin is so delicate. I need to get a pic of the rolls along their under side.

I do know of someone who has 2 eggs cooking. *cough* Julie *cough*

I'm really happy that you like them, Shannen!

I have been breeding these guys for a couple of years now and they are really fun and different. Commonly known as "the poor man's leachie", the males can get 8"-11" and the females just a little smaller. Some people don't care for these guys b/c of their really buggy eyes and they can look mean. They really are a great species to work with, not high maintenance, very resiliant and very inexpensive (although there were people at Daytona that had them for about 4x what you can normally get them for....). They really have good personalities, although they are not as handleable as a crested b/c their skin is paper thin and if they get frightened, they can literally walk right out of their skin. It is not uncommon that the male will break the female's skin at the base of the neck when breeding.

And yes, I do have 2 eggs that should be hatching any day now and I also have a 3 month old baby (I think she may be a girl) available that just lost the very tip of her tail (but it will grow back and shouldn't hinder her in any way...).

I wish you the best of luck with them Shannen...you will not be disappointed with this species.

Back
Top Bottom