Virosan (Nolvasan) disinfectant?

The best thing to clean with to kill coccidia would be peroxide. Not the kind you buy in the drug store but the kind you get at a beauty supply store. Get the 30 volume.....it's cheap and it works great.

How safe is it for the animal? I worry I'm going to clean with a Chemical, rinse very well but miss 1%, the chameleon or feeder comes in contact and gets the cham sick.

I used it when Luie had coccidia and it worked great. It was recommended to me by some other forum members. Just rinse well and you should be fine. The peroxide and bleach is about the only thing that kills coccidia and bleach kills the plants.

if you worry about safety, then the best one will be steam cleaner.
Use a really good quality steamer, instead of the cheap 30 - 60 buck thing.

Nolvosan is good for daily cleaning, but ineffective for coccidia.
Your plant are a lost cause, sorry... that is just the nature of coccidia.

We use it with all our chams/geckos/beardies/monitor, etc. and it works great and if you purchase the bigger bottle of it, it sure goes a long way. Around here, we get ginormous amounts of it through a "farm and fleet" store for dirt cheap.

Ok great! Sorry more questions. I don't want to second guess any part of the procedure.

Do you use the peroxide on everything including the plants? And what about porous surfaces like wood or fake vines? Do you use a spray bottle or scrub peroxide in with a cloth.

Ok great! Sorry more questions. I don't want to second guess any part of the procedure.

Do you use the peroxide on everything including the plants? And what about porous surfaces like wood or fake vines? Do you use a spray bottle or scrub peroxide in with a cloth.

We used it on EVERYTHING in the pressure washer......once a week.

if you worry about safety, then the best one will be steam cleaner.
Use a really good quality steamer, instead of the cheap 30 - 60 buck thing.

Nolvosan is good for daily cleaning, but ineffective for coccidia.
Your plant are a lost cause, sorry... that is just the nature of coccidia.

There are always varying opinions :) If Nolvosan is ineffective against coccidia i'm not going to bother, trying to keep costs down.

I have a great steam cleaner that reaches temps over 250 degrees which I have been using. It's hard to keep that velocity and temp in a large area with the nozzle it came with, so I still worry i'm not hitting everything.

There are always varying opinions :) If Nolvosan is ineffective against coccidia i'm not going to bother, trying to keep costs down.

I have a great steam cleaner that reaches temps over 250 degrees which I have been using. It's hard to keep that velocity and temp in a large area with the nozzle it came with, so I still worry i'm not hitting everything.

as far as the cage goes, after a thorough blast of steam and a nice scrubbing with bleach (or peroxide), your cage will be good.
As far as plants goes, I would advise to not use them in the cage anymore.

I use nolvosan for daily cleaning. but, not for eradicating coccidia.

Back
Top Bottom