Vet Visit - Update (pic heavey!)

skittles1234

My male veiled Gizmo and myself ended up at the vet after a frightining set of event occurred over a period of 3 days. First day I noticed something wrong was on the 5th while taking pictures that night while he was asleep (1st photo) you see here I noticed his leg swelling up (2nd photo.) Then I placed his leg on a branch and called it a night hoping it was nothing. In the morning i noticed he wasent using the leg at all and it had swollen up! (3rd photo) He was gimping around and it was even more swollen then the night before. So we went to the vet right away (4th photo.) The vet told me it was an abscess and he would have to lance it. We took the news hard (5th photo.)

Attachments

• IMG_2919.jpg
    IMG_2919.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2845.jpg
    IMG_2845.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3290.jpg
    IMG_3290.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_8999.jpg
    IMG_8999.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 152
So after he got his abscess lanced we got some antibiotic ointment and went home!! We had driven from orlando to ahloha emergency vet in melborune fl so i made sure we had a tree in the car for the ride as well as a carrier (1st photo.) He basked all the way home. The lil guy was very brave and let me take a ton of pics (2nd and 3rd photos.) Today we woke up to a very pleasent surprise! Gizmo using his back leg! And the swelling decreased alot! (4th-5th photos)

Attachments

• IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7371.jpg
    IMG_7371.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_6894.jpg
    IMG_6894.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_5301.jpg
    IMG_5301.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_7319.jpg
    IMG_7319.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
So I hope the lancing and draining went without problems. Better give him a couple of silkies or horns to make him feel better. Do you have to do any follow care?

So I hope the lancing and draining went without problems. Better give him a couple of silkies or horns to make him feel better. Do you have to do any follow care?

I had an appointment today to see dr ivan alfonso. And i have another appointment with the same vet at ahloha on the 18th which is the follow up. But i am keeping a close eye on him in the meantime
edit - antibiotic ointment as well applied twice daily!

I had an appointment today to see dr ivan alfonso. And i have another appointment with the same vet at ahloha on the 18th which is the follow up. But i am keeping a close eye on him in the meantime

You are in good hands, I am happy all is going well.:)

So did Dr. Alfonso do a home visit?

So did Dr. Alfonso do a home visit?

Yes, it cost a pretty penny. I thought the visit was going to be at a location until i got the message they were on their way? It was worth not having the stress though. I mean to say he saw me not i went to go see.

I did not see dr. Ivan Alfonso. I was scammed by another individual who did not use his name but did pretend to be a vet. As far as I know sr. Ivan Alfonso is a reputable vet. My appologies to dr. Ivan Alfonso and to all of you. I was to embarrassed to admit I had been scammed. My appologies again. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom