Verrucosus receptive?

morpheon

Hey there,

Lately, i noticed a change in my female Furcifer Verrucosus look. Her body is becoming more and more reddish, without showing any real reason of being more stressed out than usually. Of course, she is stressed when i take her out of her enclosure for weighting purpose, but she shows more red colors even when she is in her enclosure. She also has that dress while sleeping, basking, wandering in her enclosure, etc.

I am concerned because she only weights 37 grams so far, and i can't find any reliable pictures of any female Furcifer Verrucosus being receptive. So any help would be appreciated!

Here is a picture of her a few weeks ago, under stressful situation (out of her enclosure):
cimg1683c.jpg

This is her today:
cimg1714n.jpg

cimg1715d.jpg

EDIT: i just want to add that she isn't that much red while in her enclosure, but she's definately more reddish than on the first picture.

Possibly! One way to check for certain is to show the male to her and see how she reacts. If she does not become aggrevated and she lets him mount her I would say she is receptive. If she is aggravated from then start seperate them she is not receptive.

Back
Top Bottom