Veiled

bg77

Well my little guy is now 4 months old or so. Should I raise his basking temps up from 80-85? I am going to moving him to his 24x24x48 enclosure real soon. Should I reduce his feeding to once a day? Do you ever do this. Anything I might change or start to think about changing in the near future due to his age????????

Thank You, Bryant

Hey! i wouldnt upgrade him to a cage that large yet. as far as temperature goes i wouldnt change it till he is about 6 months. feeding should continue every day untill he is 1 year. than you can slow down

Hey! i wouldnt upgrade him to a cage that large yet. as far as temperature goes i wouldnt change it till he is about 6 months. feeding should continue every day untill he is 1 year. than you can slow down

Slow down as in?????

Young ones can't regulate there temp that well so under 90 is what I have been told. I try to keep it around 85.

At 4 months old I switched my male Veiled to a 24X24X48-he was big enough and did not have any issues with it. You could go up to 92 degrees or so on the temps-with the big cage it is a bit harder to keep than constant. He is now a year old and with 2 basking lights his temps are 90 and 95. I still feed him daily. In the morning I feed crickets and then though the day I hand feed silkies.

Back
Top Bottom