Veiled sleeping in laying bin

JohnnyD

Has anyone seen this? My female veiled dug two test holes each of the last two days. Today she dug and dug like she was going to China. I came home and found her asleep on top of her sand/soil bucket. Yes, she is alive and her colors look great. My panthers usually climb back up into their plants after they finish laying. My wife said she was backed up into her hole shorty before lights out. Thought it might have something to do with being exhausted and the lights going out around the same time??

She filled it in and finally finished up this morning. Longest laying session Ive seen. Just getting ready to pull the eggs now.

She's probably exhausted beyond all recognition lol. If she's still sleeping during the day tomorrow I'd say be concerned but she might have not slept last night if she was laying during lights out so she's probably just all off schedule and worn out.

Is she drinking and eating now?
60 eggs is a lot. I would feed her well for a couple of days and then cut her diet down for a few days/couple of weeks until you are sure she is producing eggs again to try to decrease the clutch size.

I dont know if it matters as far as egg size but the male I bred her to is quite large. Ill try to get a pick of him up soon. She was actually sound asleep on the sand all night and dropped the eggs starting in the morning.

here he is
cham.jpg

Back
Top Bottom