Egging laying two different holes

Charlottethechameleon

Established Member
Please help me figure thisbone out so my veiled cham dug and clearly laid and then returned to her usual a few hours later she became restless and crawling all over enclosure once she was back in her enclosure with dirt she starting digging another hole to my surprise all night now she is facing out and has been facing out the last 5 hours do the lay in two different places the last time she spent 4 complete days digging laying and covering so i was surprised that she did the first in about 14 hours she was huge she clearly looked half her size so i was surprised that she had finished so quickly but now it looks as though she is laying more eggs what is happening i never heard of them laying in two different holes at the same egg laying what could be going on i have heard of them digging several practice ones until their satisfied to lay but she clearly had laid them the first hole because her size was reduced drastically but then to start dighing another and she been in there all morning with her head facing out

Congratulations! First, how many eggs were laid in first hole? Second, how many in second hole. If she is still in the second, we will just have to let her do her thing. So exciting!
Digging is very time consuming and takes a lot out of them. Hope she gets back on schedule soon..
Are the eggs fertile?
Thanks
Pics are ALWAYS welcome.

Congratulations! First, how many eggs were laid in first hole? Second, how many in second hole. If she is still in the second, we will just have to let her do her thing. So exciting!
Digging is very time consuming and takes a lot out of them. Hope she gets back on schedule soon..
Are the eggs fertile?
Thanks
Pics are ALWAYS welcome.
No they are infertile this is her aecond cluth ive done the decreaed food and temps to decrease clutch size temps are 80 to82 and feeding three times a week with dusted gut loaded crickets meal worms and superworms she loves to eat greens

Are the eggs fertile?
Thanks
Pics are ALWAYS welcome.
Resized_20230102_024401.jpeg

So glad that she’s ok. It’s strange that she laid in two holes. Maybe for some reason only known to her she didn’t feel the first hole was safe enough or adequate for her precious infertile eggs. She’s a good mama. 🥰

So glad that she’s ok. It’s strange that she laid in two holes. Maybe for some reason only known to her she didn’t feel the first hole was safe enough or adequate for her precious infertile eggs. She’s a good mama. 🥰
I am so proud of her i thought she was buried in the second hole me and my hubby were about to dog her out when i saw the little stinker behind her pothos plant

Back
Top Bottom