veiled male on eating strike

Gavinsons

So for the last 10 days my veiled male which is 6 months old has ate very little. He use to eat 15 1/2" crickets a day plus a superworm or 2. My hornworms are not big enough to feed yet and I have tried roaches, supers, crickets, and wax worms. He was bowl feeding then stopped, so I tried free ranging the crickets for a few days, I have caught him snatching up a few here and there but not like his normal self. Also my male panther has stopped eating as much. Wierd they did this around the same time. My brother is on vacation this week and brought his female veiled over for me to watch and she is eating everything I throw at her. She is a little fatty. I tried to give him some reptiboost tonight and he just attacked my hand and climbed all over it bitting my fingers, oh yeah he is a mean little turd, so tonight I repositioned his feeding cup in the pot of his plant instead of wire tied up high. I'll throw in 10 crickets in the morning and see what happens. I know as soon as my hornworms are big enough, in a week or so, he will eat those. Actually thinking about ordering a few hornworms to tie him over until mine grow up.

Please post some photos of him so I can see how he looks. It would probably be a good idea to fill out the Ask For Help form too. https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/
If he looks good and not ill, I would suggest not feeding him anything at all, don't even let him see food for two days and then on the third day see if he will eat. Sometimes around that age or a tad older they get sick of seeing food everyday and I normally cut mine back to every other day.

#1 picture

Attachments

• 20150610_184124.jpg
    20150610_184124.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 159
Has he has a recent fecal? That's always a good idea. I would still skip food a couple days until he gets hungry and get a fecal.

he pooped just a couple days ago and it looked good, urate bright white and the poop was dark brown. he acts fine, just wont eat. i'll skip a couple days of feeding and see if that will entice him to eat. Thanks Jann

he pooped just a couple days ago and it looked good, urate bright white and the poop was dark brown. he acts fine, just wont eat. i'll skip a couple days of feeding and see if that will entice him to eat. Thanks Jann

Poop still looks good when they have parasites. I still recommend a fecal because parasites make them not want to eat much especially cociddia and he didn't look like a big heathy veiled that was ready to be cut back on his food to every other day yet. They get parasites from eating because sometimes the feeders carry parasites. I get regular fecals all the time and allot of times one or two of mine will have a parasite. If parasites go untreated they will make your chameleon sick and eventually kill it. This is what my male veiled Sage looked like at 6 months old. https://www.chameleonforums.com/sages-6-month-old-photos-118779/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom