Veiled eggs with yellow spots?

coldsweat97527

Hello,

I have a batch that started out as 33 eggs 3 shriveled and molded right off the bat they didnt look right to begin with tho. their shell was soft and leathery.

They were laid on 11-15-2010 and most of em are gettin soft with yellow spots the others are just straight shrivelin up like the first three did. i have been keeping them in 2" moist Vermiculite in a clear shoebox size tupperware with a few holes in the top.. then i took that and stuck it in my cupboard i brang it out like 4 times to check on em.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Jamie

I'm not sure what that would mean, i will find out soon enough, my female veiled is starting to dig, so she can lay. could you post pictures? maybe they are infertile do you see any veins?

Im going to get a new camera tomorrow so i can post pics then. in some of em i see veins. i only "candled " a few as i have read that you are not supposed to handle em witch makes since lol cause they dont get disturbed normally :p

In my experience, if it is just a yellow spot on eggs, it was too wet. You may want to do the "squeeze" test on your vermiculite. If it lets more than a drop or two of water out, you should let it dry up a little bit.

LPR08

Too moist? Undercalcified?

I had some gecko eggs do that with a female that wouldn't stop laying eggs. Her calcium sacs were practically nonexistent. The eggs developed yellow spots.. but not later on.

Make sure it's not too wet.

sorry it took soo long to get pics up. here is a few pics of em. i was just wonderin if they randomly go bad like this part way through incubation? or if i did somethin? i squeezed a partial handful of their substrate and didnt get and leakeage but it is damp. any input is appreciated :)

Attachments

• Lizzard eggs and freerange 019.jpg
    Lizzard eggs and freerange 019.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 229
  • Lizzard eggs and freerange 021.jpg
    Lizzard eggs and freerange 021.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 207
That one looks infertile mate. If you squeeze the hell out of the vermiculite till it forms a ball in your hand (no more drips coming out) thats generally about right.
This is not related to the yellow egg.

Back
Top Bottom