veiled egg incubation time frame?

chamcrazy

Hello. I have a gravid female that was bred with my beautiful male on July 6th. (First time.) They are both very healthy and active. I have searching the internet and books for a good solid answer to one question, but I keep getting a major conflict in the answers. I found this forum and now I hope a "veteran" breeder can help me.

Once she deposits her eggs and I remove them to my incubator, how long before they start hatching? I have heard anywhere from 4 months to 9 months!!! (That's quite a difference in time.)

Also on average, approximately how many eggs can I expect from her 1st clutch? If I do everything right (I am educating myself day and night because my chams are my PASSION) approximately what percent will hatch into healthy little "beebees?"

I can't WAIT to hear from someone!

Brenda.

Heat?

Do you know if a little bit more heat than room temp help speed things along? I don't want to compromise the hatchlings health or anything because I am so anxious. I want to be sure and do it right!

Thanks for responding! I appreciate it very much.

chamcrazy said..."Once she deposits her eggs and I remove them to my incubator, how long before they start hatching? I have heard anywhere from 4 months to 9 months!!! (That's quite a difference in time.)"...it depends to some degree on the temperature that you incubate them at. I have incubated them at about 78F and it takes between 230 and 250 days.

You said..."Also on average, approximately how many eggs can I expect from her 1st clutch?"...this depends on how much you have fed her before the mating. If you overfed her the clutch could be huge (50 to 80) and if you fed her sparingly it should be more like 2 dozen.

You said..." If I do everything right (I am educating myself day and night because my chams are my PASSION) approximately what percent will hatch into healthy"...I usually have 100% hatch rate of fertile eggs and a survival rate at the age of three months of 95%.

Back
Top Bottom