Veiled chameleons spine has discoloration, weird orange lump and dried out spikes

Landen

My chameleon recently has gotten this weird thing happen on his spine. I'm not sure if it's a burn or infection he has a 100 watt bulb And his Stick is about 7-8 inches away from the bulb. Also he has this weird and odd orange lump you can see quite clearly in the first and last photo in the middle of his spine And if you've seen my post before this about his eyes I still can't get him into the bet cause they're always full or cant book a appointment.

Last edited:
Every response your about to receive is going to say the same thing I’m about to say.

1. Go to the vet. Keep trying.
2. Fill out the help form and post pics of him(eyes too) and the viv.

My chameleon recently has gotten this weird thing happen on his spine. I'm not sure if it's a burn or infection he has a 100 watt bulb And his Stick is about 7-8 inches away from the bulb. Also he has this weird and odd orange lump you can see quite clearly in the first and last photo in the middle of his spine And if you've seen my post before this about his eyes I still can't get him into the bet cause they're always full or cant book a appointment.View attachment 251979View attachment 251980View attachment 251981View attachment 251982

the spot could be a bacterial infection.

His eyes and casque are extremely swollen. What his supplement schedule? The spot could be a fungus. Definitely get it checked and swabbed asap. Fungus can grow and spread quickly

His eyes and casque are extremely swollen. What his supplement schedule? The spot could be a fungus. Definitely get it checked and swabbed asap. Fungus can grow and spread quickly
He uses these 2 supplements and if it's fungus can I do anything right know to prevent it from spreading? Also he's a mouth infection in the past

both of them are on the other side of Canada lol.
haha exactly im at 1 hours of New York by car lol! so kind far from Vancouver!

This is a thermal burn 100000% sur temperatures get colder lately so he probably just stay too long under the basking.. you might want to adjust your ambiant temperatures and change your basking spot for something lower and set up up higher (put more inches between him and the bulb)
th burn is however not your only concern. The eyes look swollen so he might still have infection (maybe sinus infection) also, he is overweighted so maybe you can start to reduce feeders ;)

Have you find a good vet? for the moment your best guess is to clean the burned area with proviodine and to put a anti-bacterial cream to prevent infection.

With the time this will heal and he will lost a part of the dorsal crest (this will fall out)

The orange/brown mark could be a blister to do with the burn or it could be fungal...even bacterial. Flamazine/silvadene cream would be good no matter which it is because it's used for burns, some fungal infections and some bacterial infections too...but it isn't exactly a cure for it if it's bacterial or fungal. It depends on the fungus/bacteria involved.

The eye issue still needs to be resolved.
You really need to take him to a vet ASAP.

The orange/brown mark could be a blister to do with the burn or it could be fungal...even bacterial. Flamazine/silvadene cream would be good no matter which it is because it's used for burns, some fungal infections and some bacterial infections too...but it isn't exactly a cure for it if it's bacterial or fungal. It depends on the fungus/bacteria involved.

The eye issue still needs to be resolved.
You really need to take him to a vet ASAP.
I wish I could get him in sooner but after a few months of calling the one vet that takes in exotic animals could finally get him in. The thing is his eyes were swollen and than started going down almost to the point were it was gone and now it's back worse than before and I've been stressing. If it's a burn (hopping that's the only thing) can I put lotion on it while I wait for the vet or not? One last thing what would happen to those little spikes would they just fall off or...

Back
Top Bottom