Veiled chameleons spine has discoloration, weird orange lump and dried out spikes

K thx. I looked up what the orange lump/liquid is and it's a lymph fluid leak or something but I'll check that honey thing out

@Mawtyplant ..does honey work on fungal infections?
humm I think I read something about fungus treatment-prevention but it probably depend what fungus it is. In this cas I doubt this is fungus (bulb is high, temperatures are low and shape at the dorsal + destruction of the first spikes point on the thermal burn direction however it still alway be possible!) :)

I will try to find paper about fungus treatment-honey but here is a start : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5339061/

I've taken him to the vet and he said the reason why his crest is puffy is because of a burn on the top of his head and because the the mouth muscles are connected to the crest the side of his face /his jaw is puffy as well and it's just a healing process. He has given us a prescription for that cream and an oral medicine which will help his eyes get better

Back
Top Bottom