Veiled chameleon loves to cuddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
The feeding section on this site says millworms are fine on occasion.

Misting 4 secinds

Thank you for pointing that out I really appreciate it. All I was wanting to know was if it was OK this is my first chameleon and I don’t know if I’m doing anything right but every time I post something someone has something nasty or mean to say. I never knew I could fall in love with the reptile but goddamnit I didn’t and now everyone’s making me feel horrible about it.
Are you even emailed the owner of the formed as to delete my profile because I just can’t handle the negativity. :(
well the site isn't right then because meal worms are the biggest no no when feeding a chameleon...

also to everyone speaking French hola :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yeah, don’t stress about it. Everyone gets frustrated, everyone has bad days, and everyone (everyone of note, at least) loves chameleons. Don’t delete your profile, stick with it, because sooner or later we all need actual help with our little monsters, and as harsh as some people might seem, they can help. I wish you all the best, and keep posting! Someday you might be one of the experts giving a newcomer a rude awakening.

I would never hurt anybody the way people of been talking about me

Dont worry Ma'Am.....I be on your side ...it just a bad start....I dont think they meant any harm ....we all learn to crawl ...then fall down...then walk.....no one is perfect n that includes Alphakenc myself.

You mean trying to help you? I just looked through the entire post again and could only find, at worst, one instance of someone saying something that could be interpreted as a direct insult. Absolutely everyone else was pointing out that acting recalcitrant and withholding information is not a good strategy when learning about chameleons and seeking help.

You are conflating criticism with negativity. Criticism, contrary to popular belief, is a GOOD thing!! Without being critiqued, you cannot improve. And by refusing guidance, it makes it sound like you don't care to improve. Not to mention, you were the first person to come in swinging with an attitude when people started asking for more details (again... in order to help you....)

You mean trying to help you? I just looked through the entire post again and could only find, at worst, one instance of someone saying something that could be interpreted as a direct insult. Absolutely everyone else was pointing out that acting recalcitrant and withholding information is not a good strategy when learning about chameleons and seeking help.

You are conflating criticism with negativity. Criticism, contrary to popular belief, is a GOOD thing!! Without being critiqued, you cannot improve. And by refusing guidance, it makes it sound like you don't care to improve. Not to mention, you were the first person to come in swinging with an attitude when people started asking for more details (again... in order to help you....)
It was a bad start on this post...she probably got upset during the process....its like a new baby kept dropping the toy on the ground and the adults trying to pick it back up for her...MAYBE we can put a suggestion for the forum and let them make some suggestions to all the new members wants to ask for help, this way it will prevent thing like this happen again.
But one thing I do want to point out on the other post "PLEASE HELP ME!!!!"
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/please-help-me.168507/
With that OP attitude..I can careless to hang n fry him myself cause he curse everyone out with some very bad words and he got what he deserved!!!!

Facts don’t care about feelings learn it now. Constructive criticism is needed in life To grow as a respectable human, especially when dealing with creatures that we are not familiar with. Future don’t attack the members who are trying to help you when you ask for help or no one will want to help you :eek:

I HOPE EVERYONE can forgive n forget
Facts don’t care about feelings learn it now. Constructive criticism is needed in life To grow as a respectable human, especially when dealing with creatures that we are not familiar with. Future don’t attack the members who are trying to help you when you ask for help or no one will want to help you :eek:
Yes I agree....I think she(op) got the ideas now...and I really hope everyone can forgive n forget this ...we only humanbeing..everyone makes mistakes...I wish this drama will go away soon...LOVE will make the life go around not hatred....

To be honest, in my original post... I was mostly criticizing the member that responded as if everything was fine and they were just lucky. That says A) they didn't read OP's post and weren't aware of the obvious problems or B) they don't know themselves, in which case they shouldn't say anything. We all make mistakes, take the criticism and learn from it. Be careful of who you listen to though. I don't know everything, but I won't speak up on things that I'm clueless about.

My female veiled loves to be carried around and cuddled. She climbs all over me and begs to be let out constantly. Everything I’ve read says they are mean and don’t like it. Am I crazy or is she just one of a kind.

She lets me hand feed her, pet her, pull her flaking skin off, carry her around, pick her up, and is just all around friendly.

Is this ok or is something wrong with her??

This is “Saguaro”

Again I only asked a simple question is this OK or is something wrong with her. I don’t need a how to care for my Chamaeleon 101 lesson or a bunch of over zealous people jumping down my back.
Just answer the simple question with a yes or no

I have no interest in improving her area because I didn’t ask for help in improving. If I need help I’ll ask.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom