Veiled chameleon loves to cuddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the sometimes terse replies here can be disheartening, but I please try to understand that sometimes people get frustrated because they devote so much time trying to help chammers, and they get a lot of push back, attitude, etc. That said, I think everyone should re-read the original post: she simply asks whether some chams can be overly friendly and like human interaction. The short answer is that every Cham is different, and when young they can be less hostile than their fearsome reputations might suggest. That being said, I think the general consensus is that chams should receive minimal handling. Again, there are certainly rule breakers out there, but in general, chams are a ‘look don’t touch’ herp. Please don’t be discouraged by any perceived negativity you might have experienced here. The folks here are an extremely caring and knowledgeable bunch, and have your cham’s best interest at heart.

Anyways, happy chamming!

1.) You should never feed a chameleon mealworms. They are unhealthy and can cause impaction.

2.) You only mist for 4 seconds?! That is approximately 30x too short. 2 minutes minimum

3.) What, specifically, are you lights? For heat? For UVB? We aren't asking these questions for no reason. It matters very much and we are asking because your husbandry has issues that need to be corrected for your chameleon to live a healthy life.

4.) Bamboo is toxic to chameleons and you have a plant-eating chameleon.

5.) Your basking spot should never exceed 85 degrees F. Your chameleon is going to cook at 95.

See, people, this is why we ask for the form....

The feeding section on this site says millworms are fine on occasion.

Misting 4 secinds
I know the sometimes terse replies here can be disheartening, but I please try to understand that sometimes people get frustrated because they devote so much time trying to help chammers, and they get a lot of push back, attitude, etc. That said, I think everyone should re-read the original post: she simply asks whether some chams can be overly friendly and like human interaction. The short answer is that every Cham is different, and when young they can be less hostile than their fearsome reputations might suggest. That being said, I think the general consensus is that chams should receive minimal handling. Again, there are certainly rule breakers out there, but in general, chams are a ‘look don’t touch’ herp. Please don’t be discouraged by any perceived negativity you might have experienced here. The folks here are an extremely caring and knowledgeable bunch, and have your cham’s best interest at heart.

Anyways, happy chamming!

Thank you for pointing that out I really appreciate it. All I was wanting to know was if it was OK this is my first chameleon and I don’t know if I’m doing anything right but every time I post something someone has something nasty or mean to say. I never knew I could fall in love with the reptile but goddamnit I didn’t and now everyone’s making me feel horrible about it.
Are you even emailed the owner of the formed as to delete my profile because I just can’t handle the negativity. :(

Yeah, don’t stress about it. Everyone gets frustrated, everyone has bad days, and everyone (everyone of note, at least) loves chameleons. Don’t delete your profile, stick with it, because sooner or later we all need actual help with our little monsters, and as harsh as some people might seem, they can help. I wish you all the best, and keep posting! Someday you might be one of the experts giving a newcomer a rude awakening.

Sometimes its pretty hard for the newbies to understand what we talking about on this forum....I remember when I was just join this forum back in 2014...I been thru tons arguement with several people in this forum and I always being very defensive since I was single out by the bunch...even with the moderator, I will still stand on my ground to argue with my own battle...as the years gone by...I learn how to not taking thing so seriously n be more open minded....its hard to read people's words and not seeing their facial expressions when you do your post.
The OP probably wont even post anymore thread since she felt threatened and on the other side of the coins...majority felt that the OP is not considered and cooperative...so there is the drama ....(she probably got upset took down her avatar n ask for help to delete the thread...)
Its hard to make everyone to get along or be happy....but alphakenc do know there are always some type of love or friendship out there for everyone out there!!

The feeding section on this site says millworms are fine on occasion.

Misting 4 secinds

Thank you for pointing that out I really appreciate it. All I was wanting to know was if it was OK this is my first chameleon and I don’t know if I’m doing anything right but every time I post something someone has something nasty or mean to say. I never knew I could fall in love with the reptile but goddamnit I didn’t and now everyone’s making me feel horrible about it.
Are you even emailed the owner of the formed as to delete my profile because I just can’t handle the negativity. :(
I will be ur friend....its all good Miss Saguarosmom.
Welcome to the forum:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom