Veiled Chameleon colors

BleuSaphir

Avid Member
Does anyone know if certain locality of Veiled Chameleon have unique traits of colors? Or it just genetics of that chameleon posses?

I see a lot of males Green with yellow tones. Green, Brown and Yellow tones, Teal/Turquoise and Yellow dominant color. And the Piebalds ( I know it not a natural genetic…Not a fan of this morph trait though).

From my basic knowledge lol, there are no locales like panthers. Most if not all of the color variations are just genetic. I have a “high blue” veiled chameleon I got from a breeder. My others are from a long line of bred veiled chams. To add, my males from the same clutch look completely different fired up.

From my basic knowledge lol, there are no locales like panthers. Most if not all of the color variations are just genetic. I have a “high blue” veiled chameleon I got from a breeder. My others are from a long line of bred veiled chams. To add, my males from the same clutch look completely different fired up.
I was thinking Veiled might be like California native turtles; Pacific Pond Turtles (Actinemys). They were assigned as two subspecies. Now are divided as two separate species. The southern species have unique color traits. Santa Barbara native turtle population have high olive tone coloring while the rest of southern California have unique brown speckled shells.

Biologist are thinking of breaking up the southern populations to be more than one distinct species based on locality of specific geographic space they occupy. They all also shown genetically to be all different.

Places like Fl Chams claim to have “premium” veileds, but imho there really aren’t any premium lines. I recall someone a few years back was disappointed when they ordered a tangerine premium cham from them and it didn’t have any spectacular colors. All veileds are gorgeous in their own right, but they don’t have morphs, other than pied.

If anyone has a beautiful pied with oranges and pinky legs, let’s have her date my Tony so they can start an orange pinky legs line. And that’s exactly what I will call the babies…the orange pinky legs. They will sell like crazy. And I’ll be very discriminatory with the buyers. You had better love veileds first and foremost or no baby for you!

Places like Fl Chams claim to have “premium” veileds, but imho there really aren’t any premium lines. I recall someone a few years back was disappointed when they ordered a tangerine premium cham from them and it didn’t have any spectacular colors. All veileds are gorgeous in their own right, but they don’t have morphs, other than pied.
I remember years ago I was going to order from them. Then I decided I wasn’t ready for a chameleon.
Now I hear they are not so great. I just saw an old post on Facebook regarding of receiving a young panther chameleon with an hole on their body. :oops:

I would say my “Blue” cham that I got from FL chams is genetically inferior to the other 3 males from another bloodlines. He is smaller and his bone structure is different in the lower extremities. Thankfully he is healthy but he is built different.

I would say my “Blue” cham that I got from FL chams is genetically inferior to the other 3 males from another bloodlines. He is smaller and his bone structure is different in the lower extremities. Thankfully he is healthy but he is built different.
Who other bloodlines did you receive from?

My name is Tony. I’m nice and orange and lime green.

Attachments

• IMG_5682.jpeg
    IMG_5682.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5684.jpeg
    IMG_5684.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 25
It is amazing the colors the translucent veiled can pull. @Andrew1283 boy is the perfect example pulling the orange tones. You see can see this in this morph when they are a high translucent like his boy. I have seen them pull more of the turquoise as well. But as mentioned blood lines matter with veileds. @jannb has breed some of the most beautiful veileds I have ever seen. Her males pull amazing yellows and start showing their colors at a young age. Other places that claim to have special veileds that have been mentioned are not in fact special.

Thanks! He’s orange, green, pink, and white with some black spots. Such a character. We get hissed at a lot when he’s feeling tough but then he runs when we open the screen. It sounds like Jurassic park in here.
So I assume his nickname is Tony Bolonee? 🤣 he’s super handsome!

It is amazing the colors the translucent veiled can pull. @Andrew1283 boy is the perfect example pulling the orange tones. You see can see this in this morph when they are a high translucent like his boy. I have seen them pull more of the turquoise as well. But as mentioned blood lines matter with veileds. @jannb has breed some of the most beautiful veileds I have ever seen. Her males pull amazing yellows and start showing their colors at a young age. Other places that claim to have special veileds that have been mentioned are not in fact special.
It’s a common marketing technique, based in psychology. Pricing items higher than other similar items implies a higher quality. And people fall for it.

How many times do we see people post their “rare” veiled chameleons bragging about “high blue” or some other supposed morph? Because some snake oil salesman sold them a chameleon at a reptile show for $250.00 and promised some rare genetic bloodline.

I just read the post like…

Attachments

• IMG_5763.jpeg
    IMG_5763.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
It’s a common marketing technique, based in psychology. Pricing items higher than other similar items implies a higher quality. And people fall for it.

How many times do we see people post their “rare” veiled chameleons bragging about “high blue” or some other supposed morph? Because some snake oil salesman sold them a chameleon at a reptile show for $250.00 and promised some rare genetic bloodline.

I just read the post like…
Yeah it is sad. And you see it in every single thing sold now day. blah

Back
Top Bottom