New family member

Little update on both. They’ve gotten so big it’s crazy!
Picasso’s about 6 months now
IMG_6840.png

IMG_6841.png

IMG_6844.png

IMG_6846.png
IMG_6845.png

Beautiful chams! Worried a little about Picasso though. Looks like his back is being burnt?
I don’t see anything. He doesn’t have a heat lamp right now since the room he’s in is really warm during the day, so I’m not sure how he would get burnt. That’s just his coloring. He does have black and darker spots. It’s part of the pied bald. I appreciate your concern though!

Interesting, his little spikes along his back look like they are black and bulbous, rounded, not spikey.

May just be the pic I guess so glad if that's the case.

I've got piebald too :) understand the potential odd markings :)

Interesting, his little spikes along his back look like they are black and bulbous, rounded, not spikey.

I looked at the pics zoomed in and I think its actually dew drops from a misting :)

ah I see those now. Those are water drops. Lol they had just been misted and still had water on them. Yeah I don’t know why the pictures post a little blurry on here unfortunately.

Aww i bet he’s beautiful!

So today I noticed the iris of Picasso’s right eye is all black and the iris of his left eye is normal. Looked back at the pictures I took on the day we brought him home and they were like that. I’m not sure how I hadn’t noticed until now lol. Is this part of the translucent gene kinda like in bearded dragons?

IMG_6889.png

IMG_6890.png

IMG_6891.png

I have no idea about the effect of the piebald’s gene on iris color but it’s definitely possible. If he can track insects like normal then it’s no problem. Humans can have very dark irises too without any sight issues. He’s beautiful! His casque is swept back like a dolphin’s dorsal fin lol and he looks like someone just shoved his face in snow. I’m no real help here haha just compliments and crazy statements

A part of me wonders if it can be similar to vitiligo. My hubby has that and it changes and moves around occasionally. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom