Veiled Cham

Ako

I’ve only had my Cham for 2/3 months. She isn’t eating anymore. She looks healthy except she seems to be asleep a lot. She does walk around the cage but sleeps a lot won’t eat or drink water. I see no signs of infection. But she does seem weak and she does sleep a lot. She just finished shedding. She’s in a screened inclosure. UVB light and heat light. Any ideas as to what is happening with her?

Attachments

• 83B9B9ED-5F90-4BDD-8F13-62557480C114.jpeg
    83B9B9ED-5F90-4BDD-8F13-62557480C114.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 9BE25BD7-6ECD-4B45-B71B-46D6FCEDFFF7.jpeg
    9BE25BD7-6ECD-4B45-B71B-46D6FCEDFFF7.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 128
We need more information.
Please fill out the “how to ask for help” form and post your answers back here. Quality pictures will help us help you.

Chameleon Info:

◦ Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?

◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?

◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?

◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?

◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?

◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1 The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

2 Photos can be very helpful.

Chameleon Info:

◦ Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? She is a female veiled chameleon she is about 4/5 months old

◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Once or twice a week or a few minutes

◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Live crickets and meal/wax warms and other worms

◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Calcium I dust on the crickets once or twice a week. I wasn’t informed about the multivitamin when I purchased her so I was not providing the multivitamin. I purchased it a few days ago and dusted her worms but she has not eaten in a few days so she hasn’t eaten the vitamins yet.

◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I spray the leafs and screen with water min 5 times a day

◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Usually it is dark sometimes light brown

◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Screen cage, 31.25 x 9.00 x 17.00 Inches

◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Uvb, heat, lights on since 8am until about 11pm

◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I do not measure the temp.

◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? I do not measure humidity

◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? No live plants. They are fake plants

◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Cage is off the floor sitting on a dresser

◦ Location - Where are you geographically located? Miami, Fl

I will upload more pictures now. She looks like that cause I opened the cage and put my phone in to snap a pic. She is normally a vary light green color

Live crickets and meal/wax warms and other worms
No meal worms

Calcium I dust on the crickets once or twice a week
Post a picture of the calcium, how often?

I spray the leafs and screen with water min 5 times a day
Do you see her drink?

Usually it is dark sometimes light brown
What color is the urate?

Uvb, heat, lights on since 8am until about 11pm
Exactly what type of UVB? Lights should be 12 on 12 off

How do you measure these temps? I do not measure the temp.
This is crutial they must be monitored 24/7

What do you use to measure humidity? I do not measure humidity
This is crutial they must be monitored 24/7

I almost never see her drink her water. So usually I get hard and put drops on her lips until she opens and give her water that way. But she isn’t taking that way anymore either. I have also hand fed her before but she won’t take it anymore either. But before I would see her eat. She hasn’t ate in a week

When I checked now yes it was dark like the color she turned when I opened the cage. When she is her light green color it is the same light green

Sorry I think I am not understanding what the urate is
Ok, that makes sense to me! Its ok! We all started somewhere. :)

Her urate should be mostly white, but if she is dehydrated it will be a yellow or orange color.

You said..."Sorry I think I am not understanding what the urate is"... Urate is the pee. When she goes to the bathroom there should be a brown part and a white part. If the white part is quite orange then the chameleon is dehydrated.

If you're going to use that calcium powder then I would advise you to dust the insects lightly just before you feed them to her at almost every feeding and to get the RepCal calcium with D3 to dust with lightly twice a month and Herptivite to dust with lightly twice a month.

I also recommend along linear ReptiSun 5.0 UVB light. A regular incandescent household bulb can be used as a basking light. (Wattage that gives the proper temp in the basking area.)

Setting up a dripper would give her more opportunity to drink as well.

Ohh ok now I understand what urate is attached to her poop I see white. On occasion I have seen light brown.

Back
Top Bottom