Veiled Cham

I will get a stripper today I was informed at the pet store it wasn’t good. Just to spray the tank so I guess I was told wrong.

I just put a home made dripper. But so far she isn’t drinking it. She’ll look. And open and close her mouth from afar but won’t go to the water to drink it

She is always inside but I have her outside now to see if maybe she is too cold
I don’t think that having it’s cage outside is a good idea, just because of the stress level from birds, passing cars, lawn mowers, the list is endless

I just put a home made dripper. But so far she isn’t drinking it. She’ll look. And open and close her mouth from afar but won’t go to the water to drink it
By opening and closing her mouth, do you mean in a gaping sort of way?

I don’t think that having it’s cage outside is a good idea, just because of the stress level from birds, passing cars, lawn mowers, the list is endless

Lots of keepers keep their chameleons outside -- at least for part of the year -- especially in Florida. They are invasive there -- they do fine outside.

In nature, they have tons of stimulus. Moving a chameleon who is well adjusted to the inside, outside, maybe would cause some stress. There are many benefits to keeping a chameleon outdoors -- natural sunlight and fresh air being some.

Lots of keepers keep their chameleons outside -- at least for part of the year -- especially in Florida. They are invasive there -- they do fine outside.

In nature, they have tons of stimulus. Moving a chameleon who is well adjusted to the inside, outside, maybe would cause some stress. There are many benefits to keeping a chameleon outdoors -- natural sunlight and fresh air being some.
Since I’ve been having the issue of her not eating or drinking I’ve been putting her outside for the day and bringing her back in at night. I don’t like leaving her out there at night incase of cats or something. She doesn’t seem stressed to me. I’m not sure what is wrong with her

Her eye looks slightly sunken in somewhat.
It might be time for a vet visit.

Have you tried dripping water on her nose at a slow rate to get her to drink?

What substrate are you using?

Back
Top Bottom