Veiled Cham - One Eye Closed - Help Please.

need pics.

as jj said leave it be for the moment. no need in stressing this animal out if it is nothing. we need pics.

Has been three days and still not getting any better. In fact, its getting worse.

She only used to have one eye shut, now she has both shut all day. As of today i am feeding her a little Vitamin A on one of her locusts for the next five days as it seems it may be a vitamin A deficiency??

Any thoughts?

If its getting worse and since you changed your 10 uvb to a 5 already, Id say its time to see a vet about it incase theres an infection or deficiency.
If your not ready to go there yet, then try ditching the uv light entirely for atleast 2 weeks and see if it improves.
Your lizard will be fine without it for a few weeks, and that will eliminate issues with your lighting type/brand.
If both eyes are shut ALL DAY then something is wrong.
Its probably best to see the vet rather than go with the process of elimination, since if its an infection/deficiency , it will only get worse while you wait, its your call.
Best wishes :)

The bulb in the viv is now a reptisun 5.0 uvb bulb that i got for it yesterday so i know thats all ok.

I have left the usb bulb off for 4 days previous to this and there was no improvement. I have called numerous vets and the nearest one that will consider looking at her is over 3 hours away.

It seems to me that its a vit a deficiancy?

Hi, thanks for the offer. however the posting of pics is not a problem.. i have posted some images of her before and thats how she is now so new images will not be benificial.

She did originally have her right eye closed, then both and now the right one is open and left is shut??

she is eating fine, i have not seen her drink but her poo doesnt have any yellow in it so seems ok..

i have been feeding her a locust with a little bit of a vit A capsule smeared onto it but she hasn't made an significant changes towards getting any better?

Its been 8 days since you first posted Stumpy, If its getting worse and the vets too far,
maybe there is somebody in your area who keeps them and can show you how to safely flush the eyes.
I asked you before to describe/take photos of its cage furnishing/position and the room in general to determine if environmental factors are causing it.
Once airborn or cage debris is ruled out, your only option is making the trip to the vet.
Why not ask a closer vet if they can assist you to flush the eyes with saline?
Im sure if you ask politely and explain the circumstance, they will willing to do so, if only out of curiosity and the novelty of an exotic patient.
Clearly this is bothering you a great deal, its time to take the initiative mate, there is really no other/further advice the forum can offer you now.
Guessing and experimental remedies will only continue to frustrate you.

Back
Top Bottom