Veiled Cham hasn't pooped in some time !

Chris78

My Cham hasn't pooped in some time now, I am thinking weeks. He also just hangs out in one spot of his cage, he seems sluggish, not to much basking as of late, he will come down and eat though. I made it a point to briefly pick though the leaves of his cage decor, just to make sure hes not pooping where I cant see it and there is nothing.

I read of mineral drops & warm baths, can someone offer some advice.

This is my 1st big concern I have had with him, he has been healthy, active & normal up until 3-4 weeks ago!

Thanks.

I don't recommend mineral oil but lots of water usually does the trick. I give mine a warm 30 to 45 minute misting outside or in the shower. Also grapes (small slivers) usually make mine go. It sounds like he's showing signs of illness and it might be time for a vet visit and fecal. Do you have a vet with chameleon experience? If not if you tell me where you live I might be able to recommend one.

Hi there! Sorry to hear about your veiled! I'm the friend Jann messaged. I'm actually in the south west part of Minnesota but there are two exotic vets that I know of up by you that I would take my chams to. One is in Minneapolis , Kent Kane (612)522-4387 he's on West Broadway and then there is one in Elk River, (763)633-7387. Don't know the name of that one. I sure hope this helps! I'd definitely try and get in today with Kent. Let them know you cham needs seen asap!

Hi Julia, thanks for the phone numbers. I actually just got off the phone with Dr. Kane, he offered me some advice and suggestions, but his office is not set up to see reptiles anymore & he wasn't comfortable seeing our guy. But, the office is Elk River is available and not to far away from me, but there next available appointment window is not until Monday, so hes going to have to wait it out unfortunately. I will administer some of the suggestions from D. Kane, hopefully will keep him comfortable.

My next question to you would be this, your obviously an owner of a chameleon/s or i wouldn't be speaking w/ you, would you be interested in taking in another one. I feel bad saying this, but I just don't think i have the time and patience to take care of him adequately anymore, no one is interested in him anymore. He causes me anxiety when hes acting out of the norm and this is the worst yet. Id like to get him sorted out & offer him up for adoption to a good home w/ someone who is experienced, i would never just give him to anyone.

:(

Let me know if you have any interest.

Hi again Chris, after looking through some of your older posts I'm wondering if this is the same cham from 2013? How old is he, may I see some pictures of him and his set up. IF i take him this would be my first rescue/surrendered and he would be going straight from your home to my vet and Id like to give them a heads up as to what is coming in the office. From your town my vet is going to be a solid 5 1/2 hour drive and I just want to be prepared. My vet is actually in South Dakota.

Current pictures please. Taken today. I need to see what he looks like at this moment not what he looked like two months ago if possible.

how far are you from the twin cities? ill post pics when i get home, he looks good i promise, he just must have a bug or something.

and yes, i meant i would take him to the vet, sort him out and then rehome.

Julia, I added pictures to an album. We gave him a warm bath prior to pictures. We are going to try that & possibly some mineral oil (Dr. Kane thought that was a good thing to try as well as the warm baths) for the next few days & then get him into the vet next week. Let me know what you think of his pictures and let me know a little bit more about where you are from. I think its best for him that he has someone who can give him more attention. message me back and I will keep you posted.

Thanks Jann, for your help, your like a chameleon GURU, I've seen your pictures, you have some nice lizards!

Back
Top Bottom