Urate after Veiled Cham laying eggs?

VeiledLily

B6D8DBA6-5BDC-4649-8009-39D0C026B23E.jpeg

So this early afternoon I discovered yet another odd looking urate but this time it seems to have a jelly-like substance to it. (The screen covers the bowl that acts as a water catcher from her dripper)

Lily just did lay (infertile eggs) last week (wasn’t sure if this impacts heated?) and her feeding schedule is the 3 days a week with only a few crickets and I’ve been following this ever since it was provided to me

My concern is that, if this is normal?

She is misted several times throughout the day and has access to a water dripper that she adores so dehydration seems not likely but the color says otherwise of the urate?

She is on ALL of the supplements as well Basking temp is 78°-80°

Lily is still eating and has her normal HUGE appetite 💚

View attachment 319408

So this early afternoon I discovered yet another odd looking urate but this time it seems to have a jelly-like substance to it. (The screen covers the bowl that acts as a water catcher from her dripper)

Lily just did lay (infertile eggs) last week (wasn’t sure if this impacts heated?) and her feeding schedule is the 3 days a week with only a few crickets and I’ve been following this ever since it was provided to me

My concern is that, if this is normal?

She is misted several times throughout the day and has access to a water dripper that she adores so dehydration seems not likely but the color says otherwise of the urate?

She is on ALL of the supplements as well Basking temp is 78°-80°

Lily is still eating and has her normal HUGE appetite 💚
Is this the first urate since she laid her eggs? Any fecal come out with this?

She’s had another one that looked like this a few days ago and no fecal with either one
How many eggs did she lay?
Have you had a fecal done?

So this urate does not look bad... It is mostly white. The orange looks more like specs not the actual urate. So she is hydrated.

How many eggs did she lay?
Have you had a fecal done?

So this urate does not look bad... It is mostly white. The orange looks more like specs not the actual urate. So she is hydrated.
She laid 45 eggs this time, last time it was 56 so we’re making progress! I use your supplement schedule and feeding days and overtime I’m sure they will slowly get smaller 💚

She laid 45 eggs this time, last time it was 56 so we’re making progress! I use your supplement schedule and feeding days and overtime I’m sure they will slowly get smaller 💚
Ok so yes much better reduction in clutch size... Keep using the reduced feeding along with reduced basking temps. It is always good to ask questions like this when chams are new to you. :)

Back
Top Bottom