Updates on George!

Psychodrake

Hey everybody! Thought I'd drop by and give you all an update on George.

He's now, presumably, 9-10 months old and precisely 15" from nose to tail tip. He was probably around 5-6" when I bought him. His growth has decelerated rapidly and he only sheds once a month now. He weighs enough for it to actually hurt me when I handle him and I have a few scratches on my arm and hands where he's climbed. He's particularly strong too, and his bones seem to be in good condition, which is a relief as winter is such a bugger for getting healthier feeders.

Speaking of feeders, he recently went on hunger strike as I excessively fed him Locusts, so I've stepped up the Roach amount, gotten some crickets and even bought some Morio worms just to feed him very occasionally. My usual store has run out of Butterworms and Silkworms just die too fast (Usually when being delivered) in winter to be worth buying. Keeping up a variety of food is really difficult in the UK winter, it turns out.

He's still friendly as can be and hasn't turned territorial or aggressive, in fact, my Birthday was last Sunday and we had 40+ people in the house - He just sat in his usual spot at the front of the cage. He even came down to the door and came out for a few minutes. Far too social for a Chameleon.

His colours seem a little duller than they were, and he lost a lot of the bright blue. He seems to be much more orange and green now. A little unusual since he's a blue-bar Ambilobe.

Some photos!

img1015se.jpg

dscn0007k.jpg

scaled.php

You know maybe some or all Ambilobes go through a color change later on in their life. I don't know from personal experience because I only have a Veiled, but this is the second scenario where I've heard of an Ambilobe changing it's stripes, so to speak, at a later age in their life. The other instance was where a Red Bar started looking more like a blue bar. :eek: Weird. Nice looking cham and like the pic of him licking your arm; he does seem way too social to be a cham lol

It is really strange. I have this picture of him from 3-4 months ago.

full

Much different, he still has some blue but it is turning a much darker/green colour. I've heard they don't reach full colour until quite late, so he probably has some more surprises for me, but the yellow/green he turns when flared is quite something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys.

I'll throw this one in too, it was from just over a month ago but hes still turns this sort of colour when flared, like I said, pretty much yellow/orange and the blue isn't quite blue.

31560326864999645461317.jpg

Hey guys.

I'll throw this one in too, it was from just over a month ago but hes still turns this sort of colour when flared, like I said, pretty much yellow/orange and the blue isn't quite blue.

31560326864999645461317.jpg

Wow! Now I really like that guy! Reminds me of something I would see in a black lite in the 60's era!

Sorry for the bump, but he just shed yesterday and I thought I'd bring up that he seems to be striding towards going much more orange. Almost half of his body is orange now.

tumblr_m0b9gohSip1r7vj7i

tumblr_m0b9gohSip1r7vj7i

Full of surprises this one.

Back
Top Bottom