Baby Panther Care

ChamelaChameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Bolt seems small, his skin is a little wrinkled. He weighs 40 grams but looks thin. Maybe he's getting longer. I didn't measure his length. He hasn't shed since he arrived Aug. 16th. Does that mean he's not growing? Yesterday, I finally got him to eat wax worms. He was only eating grasshoppers and crickets. He refused all other feeders.

I have found that he will eat worms if they are offered seperate from the crickets and before crickets are offered. I have a order of horn and silk worms on the way. Some days he eats 10 to 12 medium crickets (non-stop). Other days, 4 or 5 from the bowl and I will place 3 or 4 on the screen near his basking branch or on near by plants, he will eat those as well.

Some days he's a big eater and some days it's just so-so. He is a better eater when he hunts for his food but I can't always watch him hunt to monitor intake. I cup feed to monitor the amount he's eating. I allow food to remain in the bowl all day.

He's brown most of the day. I wonder if I'm keeping him too cold? Temp at basking 72 top of screen 81 because he will screen climb if food makes its way to the top.

Poop looks good- he usually has big, long poops with white urates. He will poop 2 -3 days in a row and then skip a day.

Sometimes babies can go a full month between sheds. And if he shed prior to being shipped then he may not be ready yet.
Be cautious with feeder sizes if he is only 4 months he may still need 1/4 inch sized feeders. And then you just let them eat as many as they will take down. Medium crickets may be just too large for him to want to go after unless he is really hungry and willing to take them on.

Temps should be fine. If he is cold he will move up higher.

I think it might be mouth rot🥺. Vet appointment tomorrow.
What can I do before Vet appointment.
IMG_1766.jpg
IMG_1759(1).jpg

Lol well that was for me at least. The more you learn the more confidence you gain and the freak outs about being a cham parent ease. 😉
I am just an anxious annie to begin with..It will probably take me 6 years to stop freaking out over everything 🤣

Back
Top Bottom