Update, recommendations needed.

@KellyPeterein17 how did the appointment go this Am ?
GREAT! the vet said hed seen worse cases make recoveries. He tested for parasites and found none. He assessed his stool and said all looked good. He gave a dose of calcium gluconate and sent me home with some. He said since he is walking and fighting to get away from being force fed thats super good. Overall the vet said I was doing a great job and to keep it up! Also, she is definitely a HE so we've changed names from ducky to petri (like the land before time characters lol). I'll post some update pics too!

Attachments

• 20190523_202401.jpg
    20190523_202401.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Snapchat-400747947.jpg
    Snapchat-400747947.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 20190523_191800.jpg
    20190523_191800.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 121
We also ate this afternoon. Almost a full cricket. Also supplemented with some reptaboost and took the evening dose of calcium and drank water. The vet warned me to not overdo it considering how tiny his stomach probably is.
Yes agreed biggest thing is to keep him hydrated and correct supplements the rest will come . Can you get him outside for natural sun ? Or is it still stormy ? What are your out side temps still cooler ?

Yes agreed biggest thing is to keep him hydrated and correct supplements the rest will come . Can you get him outside for natural sun ? Or is it still stormy ? What are your out side temps still cooler ?
Oh yes! He was outside this morning after the vet and then this afternoon after I got home from work for about 20 minutes each time. Its darn near 80 here so he LOVED it!

Yes perfect . Our vet will do a few week but like X-ray are always like 2 month out .
We didn't do xrays since the breaks are obvious. I do have a question however. Misting? I need to keep doing research about chameleons in general of course. But is misting him a thing? Like I know people use misters/drippers for a water source but does he need to get a shower daily?

We didn't do xrays since the breaks are obvious. I do have a question however. Misting? I need to keep doing research about chameleons in general of course. But is misting him a thing? Like I know people use misters/drippers for a water source but does he need to get a shower daily?
No because he is drinking and you are doing liquids . In their natural habitat they do not get showered . If you were to put him in the shower you would want to bounce the shower off the wall . It would be more for humidity , and to encourage drinking . You have both cover . Also lots of keepers want to shower to help shed bit on the contrary it’s not helpful It slows the process . However you could add a misting system to his condo .

GREAT! the vet said hed seen worse cases make recoveries. He tested for parasites and found none. He assessed his stool and said all looked good. He gave a dose of calcium gluconate and sent me home with some. He said since he is walking and fighting to get away from being force fed thats super good. Overall the vet said I was doing a great job and to keep it up! Also, she is definitely a HE so we've changed names from ducky to petri (like the land before time characters lol). I'll post some update pics too!
Those names are so perfect oh my gosh :love: and the pictures you posted! Such an angel

Colors are continuing to look good , I see his tongue is starting to retract . Edema looks a bit better as well . Well done ❤. He’s so lucky to have fallen into your hands xo .
Ok so I just fed him part of a cricket which he ate willingly and put more effort in than he has before. Like he actively opened his mouth and all. I put him back in his enclosure and he began worrying me. I'll post pics but his tongue is out still. I didnt get a pic of it but he was opening his mouth bigger than he ever had and sticking his tongue up. Is this bad???? HELP!

Ok so I just fed him part of a cricket which he ate willingly and put more effort in than he has before. Like he actively opened his mouth and all. I put him back in his enclosure and he began worrying me. I'll post pics but his tongue is out still. I didnt get a pic of it but he was opening his mouth bigger than he ever had and sticking his tongue up. Is this bad???? HELP!View attachment 233364

The cricket might be stuck is he coughing or gagging ? If not it may be to big . When something is to big their instinct is to put their head straight up with nostrils towards the ceiling . This stretches the esophagus to move the food down .

I just caught up, sorry I've been busier than expected with some new babies on my hand. But he looks like he's doing well. He also may be trying to learn to use his tongue again if he's not gagging. His muscle control will start coming back slowly and he will want to do more normal things sometimes faster than he is ready.

I just caught up, sorry I've been busier than expected with some new babies on my hand. But he looks like he's doing well. He also may be trying to learn to use his tongue again if he's not gagging. His muscle control will start coming back slowly and he will want to do more normal things sometimes faster than he is ready.

Hopefully this uploaded correctly. Is this considered normal or? It kinda looks like he's mouth breathing?

Back
Top Bottom