Update, recommendations needed.

Shes hanging in there. She wont eat or drink on her own but I grabbed some filter (blunt) needles from work and have given her some fluids and I even got her to eat a tiny part of a cricket! It's been storming pretty bad here in sw missouri all day but the sun is out now so I may take her outside for some real sunlight. I'm determined to save her! Thank you so much for asking.

It’s not impossible ❤️. My first girl was very sick , she lived 4 years . It takes diligence , a really good exotic vet , and lots and lots of of research . You need to be coachable as well . You seem to be . This forum helped me so very much with her. I pray for the best .

Get some liquid calcium and critical care from your vet. If you can’t get a vet appt for a few days then get flukers Reptiboost from Petco or Petsmart to feed your cham until you go to the vet.

You might find this helpful.

@jannb op brought the baby to a Vet the vet had no exotic experience . I would ha e to go back and look at location . Can you help with a good vet ?

If you can post close up pics of the the rear feet heels please ?
As you can see, the MBD is very obvious :( I believe he is a male however with the TINY spurs

Chameleon Info:
◦ Your Chameleon - MALE Veiled chameleon. 4 months old. How long has it been in your care? 4 days.
◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Other than redoing enclosure and taking all climbing items out, I let him be. However, his previous owner told he she carried her with her all day.
◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Crickets dusted in calcium supplement. I've been force feeding him with a syringe as he won't eat on her own.
◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? 38% calcium carbonate by all things living brand (probably not the best choice)
◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Dripper Has not passed stool.
◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Small combo enclosure (I will invest in another better one once my paycheck permits)
◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? 12hr on 12hr off at night.
◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Basking at 80-82 overnight gets down to about 70-75
◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? humidity between 50-60 (I have not mastered this yet)
◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I was until I realized the plant I got with him was infest with ROACHES! Very angry at his previous conditions. I've taken all
◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Private area, on dresser about 4ft high.
◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?
SW Missouri

Ugh it just breaks my heart. He is TINY. Fits in the palm of my hand. I'm in nursing school and have dropped down to part time at work so it allows me more time to care for him, I just can't put him down.

I’ve seen really bad cases with diligence , time , and patience turn around , eat on their own , climb agin , live a good life . It’s months though , It’s expensive . With you being a nursing student you won’t be afraid of injection , feeding till he can Hunt , and lots of patience . You will know if he’s suffering . It would be my absolutely last resort . Their little gems and so worth the effort ❤️.

Ugh it just breaks my heart. He is TINY. Fits in the palm of my hand. I'm in nursing school and have dropped down to part time at work so it allows me more time to care for him, I just can't put him down.
Try to put your human emotions to the side and see where your chameleon is coming from. He can't even be a chameleon. He's basically a pile of Chameleon mush.... I obviously can't convince you what to do with YOUR chameleon, but if I was him and could talk I'd tell you to let me go.... And then I'd tell you to make sure to punch the human in the face that did this to me. Just my 2¢

Try to put your human emotions to the side and see where your chameleon is coming from. He can't even be a chameleon. He's basically a pile of Chameleon mush.... I obviously can't convince you what to do with YOUR chameleon, but if I was him and could talk I'd tell you to let me go.... And then I'd tell you to make sure to punch the human in the face that did this to me. Just my 2¢
Thank you. That's rather hard for me but I am trying. He has started eating and he POOPED today. Would you guys mind taking a look at his stool and telling me what you think?

I HAVE and I'm taking him tomorrow! I've done some research but I'm not sure what to think about stool yet. I'm just excited he went!
That’s great he is going . Great news it’s soft but look hydrated ok . Let’s see what others think . The fecal had to be with in 24 hours what time is the appointment ? I would say collect it anyhow . Bag it and put in the refrigerator . @Andee , @jannb , @CamoChameleonsHuman ?

That’s great he is going . Great news it’s soft but look hydrated ok . Let’s see what others think . The fecal had to be with in 24 hours what time is the appointment ? I would say collect it anyhow . Bag it and put in the refrigerator . @Andee , @jannb , @CamoChameleonsHuman ?
830 tomorrow morning so I will bring it along with me! Thank you all in advance for your advice!

If he's pooping, and allowing food to be pumped in him I'd say give the little one a chance. Obviously his internal organs are still working. Though he probably won't have a normal life span, though I said that about Hope and she outlived most regular Jackson females. His poop looks pretty good for his condition. Nice urates. You gonna need to keep on top of his fluids massively. Remember getting liquid calcium is a massive goal for this vet visit. I won't say he will make it. But his desire to fight and his guts still working is a huge bonus.

Back
Top Bottom