Update, recommendations needed.

If he's pooping, and allowing food to be pumped in him I'd say give the little one a chance. Obviously his internal organs are still working. Though he probably won't have a normal life span, though I said that about Hope and she outlived most regular Jackson females. His poop looks pretty good for his condition. Nice urates. You gonna need to keep on top of his fluids massively. Remember getting liquid calcium is a massive goal for this vet visit. I won't say he will make it. But his desire to fight and his guts still working is a huge bonus.
:love: I thought so! I know in the hospital any patient passing stool and urinating especially is cause to celebrate so it gave me hope this morning. When I made the appointment I specifically told the receptionist I needed liquid calcium and she said that wouldn't be a problem. We also talked about injections and she said the vet wouldn't send me home with that but that he could do them. I am so hopeful guys! Thanks for giving me your honest opinions and cheering me on!

If he's pooping, and allowing food to be pumped in him I'd say give the little one a chance. Obviously his internal organs are still working. Though he probably won't have a normal life span, though I said that about Hope and she outlived most regular Jackson females. His poop looks pretty good for his condition. Nice urates. You gonna need to keep on top of his fluids massively. Remember getting liquid calcium is a massive goal for this vet visit. I won't say he will make it. But his desire to fight and his guts still working is a huge bonus.
Agreed him making poop is a really good thing he has will to survive for sure . I would worry about pain level .

So injections that might be offered that I would encourage you to take are vitamin boosts, to help with any deficiencies he likely has with other vitamins like A and sometimes B. It can also give him a boost of energy. If he makes through 4 months and his bones start strengthening in that time I would suggest starting out a cage system that would encourage muscle growth since a lot will atrophy from lack of use and correct nutrition. You will need to look into catch nets. 4 months is a long way off and there is no guarantee for quite a while that he will make it to the next two weeks but catch nets are a pain to set up so I always start researching right away.

:love: I thought so! I know in the hospital any patient passing stool and urinating especially is cause to celebrate so it gave me hope this morning. When I made the appointment I specifically told the receptionist I needed liquid calcium and she said that wouldn't be a problem. We also talked about injections and she said the vet wouldn't send me home with that but that he could do them. I am so hopeful guys! Thanks for giving me your honest opinions and cheering me on!

Did they say why they won’t allow you to do the injections ? There not hard , I found it easer then oral actually .

Did they say why they won’t allow you to do the injections ? There not hard , I found it easer then oral actually .
She just said because if I miss the subq area it could cause problems... which I can see, I've never given a chameleon injections before. But I give injections all the time so I think after watching it and having a little education and some pointers I could easily do it.

Pain level is the worst thing for MBD sometimes they send home pain meds. Sometimes not. It depends on if he shows signs of broken bones. I would imagine in this case they would.
The pain meds are wicked on kidneys they will likely send Metacam as well . Our vet alway check kidney function but not all do .

She just said because if I miss the subq area it could cause problems... which I can see, I've never given a chameleon injections before. But I give injections all the time so I think after watching it and having a little education and some pointers I could easily do it.
Usually they will have you do the first few there . Once they know you can do them correctly they send you home with the injections . Though for my girl it was long time injections .

So injections that might be offered that I would encourage you to take are vitamin boosts, to help with any deficiencies he likely has with other vitamins like A and sometimes B. It can also give him a boost of energy. If he makes through 4 months and his bones start strengthening in that time I would suggest starting out a cage system that would encourage muscle growth since a lot will atrophy from lack of use and correct nutrition. You will need to look into catch nets. 4 months is a long way off and there is no guarantee for quite a while that he will make it to the next two weeks but catch nets are a pain to set up so I always start researching right away.
Thank you for the info!

We just ate a little and had some water :)

Attachments

• 20190522_115344.jpg
    20190522_115344.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 158
Back
Top Bottom