Update on Everything (LOTS of pics :))

okiroo

Avid Member
as some may have read i've been having comp problems, but don't give me up for dead, working on getting a new one! heres a chameleon update :) they miss having there pictures posted + new FR trees. all cages are empty(my pygmy project didn't work out sadly). deciding on what to put in them. might get some bubble darts sometime. no rush tho ^^!

me- going to school for vet tech and if i want a better check i might later become a vet. yay :)

lock down cages :)(for new creatures)-

full

possible dart frog cages-

full

One of 5 new trees(Brats)-
full

Entire FR:)-

full

Chloe-the hoe-

full

full

FR again(might be the same pic. lol)-
full

Last edited by a moderator:
You could have a pair of darts in each of those little glass enclosures. And they're really not all that hard to care for either :) so long as you're okay making lots of little bugs for them to eat

You could have a pair of darts in each of those little glass enclosures. And they're really not all that hard to care for either :) so long as you're okay making lots of little bugs for them to eat
both cages are springtail infested already :p. of course i'd need some fruit flys(i dont mind bugs) just havent decided on anything yet.

both cages are springtail infested already :p. of course i'd need some fruit flys(i dont mind bugs) just havent decided on anything yet.

Fair warning - they are as addictive a hobby as chams. :)

I might suggest cobalt dendro tincs as one of your first choices. A hardy, bold frog, good for beginners and pros alike, very attractive.

Frogive me for showing off some of mine?
full

bumblebee Lukes also seem less shy than some of the others:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! I'm jealous :) i wanted to try bumblebee because i want them to make some pretty noises and i've read about them being hardy as well as having a loud pleasing mating call. sounds nice :). i also like how long they live. makes me not have to worry as hard about there age like chameleons.

ps- you have some beautiful frogs :)

i wanted to try bumblebee because i want them to make some pretty noises and i've read about them being hardy as well as having a loud pleasing mating call. ...

ya the bumbles are lounder than the cobalts, that's for sure. The cobalts just quitely buzzz. The bumbles kinda trill and with pretty good volume (i wouldnt want them in my bedroom- although they mostly call during the day and evening, not at night). I think its pleasant, but my husband thinks they sound like annoying little alarmclocks. My mantella sounds like crickets.

this is what the lukes sounds like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l3I0vcaHAs

ohhhh i love the sound of my crikets at night. like living in a forest except it comfy. lol. might look further into those. do thumbnails make any noise? the one in the video sounds nice.

havent owned any thumbnails. Just have the two types of darts, the mantella and some Whites tree frogs right now. Plan to get a couple more dart frogs in the Fall. Probably some auratus and ameerega trivittata (the trivi have a nice trill call too), because I can likely get them locally. I also want Pumilio but they cost quite a bit more, due to having to have them shipped.

havent owned any thumbnails. Just have the two types of darts, the mantella and some Whites tree frogs right now. Plan to get a couple more dart frogs in the Fall. Probably some auratus and ameerega trivittata (the trivi have a nice trill call too), because I can likely get them locally. I also want Pumilio but they cost quite a bit more, due to having to have them shipped.

i've been waiting till the SC ICE expo or maybe just my local expo to come in. last year they had young dart frogs for sale. i want to buy them and pick them out by hand. maybe even have them sexed. Good luck with yours :)! if i get some (towards end of December) i'll post them in the other pets section!

Great pics Okiroo! I love your setups! Your house looks like a little indoor rainforest :p And your girls are looking beautiful!

All look very naturalistic, I think! Good job!

That pic of the tail is fantastic! IMO good enough for the photo contest, but I just happen to think the tails are awesome.

Sandra, I love your frogs! Some day... some day :)

All look very naturalistic, I think! Good job!

That pic of the tail is fantastic! IMO good enough for the photo contest, but I just happen to think the tails are awesome.

Sandra, I love your frogs! Some day... some day :)

thanks!!! i might enter next month but not with that photo :) thanks anyways tho :D

Back
Top Bottom