Update on Iris

@Kristen Wilkins can you give the OP advice for when she should start reducing diet and to what amount for her female Veiled. When they would want to place a permanent lay bin as well. :)
Good day @Kylarben92 welcome to the world of worry lol ;) .

If I’m getting a female her enclosure is set up with a lay bin from day one . However I’m not a vet , scientist , bio chemist , etc , etc etc . Thats simply what I do , Someone with 10,15, 30 years of experience prob tell you not necessary and do it this way :unsure:.

My females I start cutting back from their daily feeders at 6 months , hatchlings to 8 weeks I feed twice a day as much as they like in a 10 min period , 9 weeks to 6 month I go to once a day with as much as they can eat in a 10 min period . Around 6 months I slowly implement a schedule of 5 to 8 small feeders ( depending on feeders) daily . I’ll do that feeding schedule about a month then go to every other day dropping a feeder or 2 Till I hit 3 days a week with 3 or 4 feeders depending on what I’m using for feeders . I want them on a 3 Day schedule by 10 months . Usually around a year females will start laying however it’s been seen as young as 6 months . My females I keep under 80 , with a night ambient below 63 .

I was taught this method from a few other lady keepers here , it’s worked wonders for my girls . However there is no Scientific proof or real studies on this method . I’m sure you will get other whom are scientist or want proof of this so I’m saying there is not and you can keep her how you want. Best of luck with you girl .

Back
Top Bottom