Unhappy Baby Jacksons

I had a female drop 37 living and 2 dead babies. I got her gravid from Hermosa Reptile before they had them in Hawaii. No wonder it seems so long ago, it was.

A visual barrier between the male and females cages is a good idea. Otherwise you female will be unnecessarily stressed by the sight of a male. Juvenile j xantholophus often have red coloring in sub adulthood. People often think they have some special "red phase jackson" but it is just a phase they go through. I have heard some people say adults can have red coloring but I have never seen it.

We've had adult females that kept red streaks in the brown background through child-bearing years, as if it were their permanent color. I've also seen the babies start as always black/streaks of white, then later color up to mostly green at about 3 month old. Right now all the 5 week old babies have red dewlaps that peek out when they eat or breathe. Adult females sometimes are predominantly green, or green/brown. Again, could it be a pecking order thing?

I had a female drop 37 living and 2 dead babies. I got her gravid from Hermosa Reptile before they had them in Hawaii. No wonder it seems so long ago, it was.

37!!!! At that point I'd use 'em for feeder crickets. A family friend came over, looked in our hatchling cage, and said "Where'd you get the bugs?" My first thought the first time I saw Jackson babies in a cage was "Crickets?" What the heck did you do with 37????

Hey can anyone tell me how to ghet a photo from the hard drive to this box? The drop down menu won't open any choices to download a photo. Thanks

Hey can anyone tell me how to ghet a photo from the hard drive to this box? The drop down menu won't open any choices to download a photo. Thanks

paperclip in utility box [up where the font ox and smiley is]
browse computer
upload
close window
paperclip again
manage attachments, insert. etc.

submit reply.

from last week

okay, photo pending.....

Attachments

• babyjax.jpg
    babyjax.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 105
Oh my goodness! soo cute i want to eat it!
haha panther/jackson baby. funny.
I hope you dont lose anymore! I need two males from ya. ;)

You are correct. The last two batches of babies I had were in that range and they can be larger. Smaller clutches are often due to young females or improper care. My females were kept outside with no lights.

yay on the babys i love baby jacksons.
i keep my jacksons out side with no lights as well and all my females have had over 20 baby in there litter and thats even on a retained clutch.

I live in Berks county and would be interested :) Keep me posted I will throw you a few $

Thruster, keep your $$ for the kids. I'm aiming for end of March. We're in Bucks County, PA, near Trenton, NJ. I got 9 babies, but not sexed yet. This is a pure charity giveaway. Adios!

Hello chameleon lovers, update on the chameleon baby Jacksons. Two months old, slight green finally, only two definitely ID'ed as male. Photos pending

Awww! baby Jacksons are so sweet! Mine is almost 6 months old and still not greened up yet! He weighs 13g now though, so we are getting there! They grow so slowly! :D

Okay all you jackson lovers. The babies are ripe for adoption. I'll sex them again this weekend and give M:F count. Anyone still interested?

im interested! :p ive got a prego myself but im so impatient XD. need moar babies! im in montgomery county whats your zip so if i can see if youre close enough for me to be willing to drive to.

and the being scared of mist? are you using a hand sprayer? pressure sprayer? misting system? it may just be too fast or erratic. you can buy low flow tips for systems and pressure sprayers you can pump up just a tad and the intensity is lower. hand sprayers are erratic

oh and it says youre in philly? im like a 7 min drive to KoP and i live right next to philly expo center

Last edited:
I don't do veileds so I can't coment to that,but I have read the same as you posted. Have you experienced the same with Jackson's?

This is why it is good to make posts based on experience and not speculation. One species isnt exactly like another.

As for the thrashing goes. Ive seen it in young clutches of veileds, panthers, K. tavetana, Tr. ellioti and Tr. bitaneatus. Ive also seen it in older animals when they werent ready for it to "rain".

Photos sometime this weekend. Not yet green, mostly still black and tan, ravenous feeders, but only two confirmed as male out of 9??!!!

im interested! :p ive got a prego myself but im so impatient XD. need moar babies! im in montgomery county whats your zip so if i can see if youre close enough for me to be willing to drive to.

and the being scared of mist? are you using a hand sprayer? pressure sprayer? misting system? it may just be too fast or erratic. you can buy low flow tips for systems and pressure sprayers you can pump up just a tad and the intensity is lower. hand sprayers are erratic

oh and it says youre in philly? im like a 7 min drive to KoP and i live right next to philly expo center

18940, Newtown, PA, an hour from KP

Back
Top Bottom