Undigested poop

userBandit

My female chameleon has pooped a superworm and it’s undigested. What could this be from? Her husbandry is all correct.

she has been eating the ReptiSoil in her egg laying bin and I don’t know how to stop her from that.

595B146D-04B1-4434-9D93-D8136AE41CB7.jpeg
FF0B09A1-66AF-4AD6-85FA-42B8EA5CCA80.jpeg

Have you filled out ‘’how to ask for help’’ form? If she is eating soil maybe she’s lacking some vitamins. I can see exactly the poop on the pic. The white part seems fine. If this is the first and only time she pooped undigested food I think you should worry much about it!

What is the temperature in the basking area of the cage?

Can you post some photos of her and the cage please?
Is she gravid?

What is the temperature in the basking area of the cage?

Can you post some photos of her and the cage please?
Is she gravid?
Don’t know if she’s Gravid, basking area is 75-80. She isn’t even a year yet, I got her as a wee baby back in September October.

Have you filled out ‘’how to ask for help’’ form? If she is eating soil maybe she’s lacking some vitamins. I can see exactly the poop on the pic. The white part seems fine. If this is the first and only time she pooped undigested food I think you should worry much about it!
Her supplementation is on track as she gets a calcium without d3 every feeding and a multi vitamin twice a month

My female chameleon has pooped a superworm and it’s undigested. What could this be from? Her husbandry is all correct.
This appears to me to be just a little undigested exoskeleton (chiten), which is to be expected because chiten is generally indigestible. Nothing to be concerned about, but a good example of why variation in diet is a good idea.

See the discussion on chiten here: The evils of mealworms

Back
Top Bottom