Twist is here!!

JCDenton

I finally got my male panther today from Lance. He's only 3.5 months old and is huge for that age. Poor guy has just had the absolute worst day of his life. When I peeked into his bag, I saw that in addition to the horrors of being shipped, he was also just starting a shed. I didn't have the heart to put him back in so I let him ride home on my wife and he eagerly rubbed his skin all over her clothes. Here they are together:

img1294f.jpg

He seemed to really be enjoying the sun so I misted him and let him play outside for a bit before bringing him to his cage.

img1283hl.jpg

Jigsaw saw him and was NOT amused. I've never seen her turn black while firing up before. She's definitely quite stunning for a female:

img1304jq.jpg

img1320rr.jpg

He was intimidated into leaf-walking by this display even though she's quite a bit smaller than him. I'm definitely going to be putting some sort of barrier between their cages.

I thought the name Twist was pretty fitting because Jigsaw was all like "Plot Twist: I'm a girl! You get to get a second chameleon." Then he did an excellent job of living up to his name with the surprise shed. Who knows, maybe in a couple of years, we can look forward to a clutch from these two.

She's supposed to be about 5.5 months. Has always been small for her age. This guy is gigantic for his age though.

Back
Top Bottom