Is this lighter colour a warning sign or shedding?

lurker9090

I saw Chameleon academy say that them going a lighter colour is an extreme danger sign that they are over heating. Is the one in the picture a danger sign or just him about to shed?
Right after I left the room he went straight back to the basking place (I have camera). He's a new 3.5 month old Ambilobe panther

Im currently using 60w incandescent bulb, raised 1 inch off screen and 6.5 inches away from his back. It gets to 81f at his back
Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 11.22.16 AM.png

This is what his top setup arrangement looks like
Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 11.30.24 AM.png

(left is uvb, middle is heat& dripper, right is LED)

I feel like I have a newborn child LOL. im terrified of something going wrong.

Last edited:
Hi. Hard to say, but I would guess he’s probably getting ready to shed. Babies shed a lot as they’re growing and they do it quickly. Blink and ‘poof’, you missed seeing it happen.

This is everything! And I can not begin to tell you how normal this feeling is.

If baby is gaping (holding its mouth open that is a tell tell that it is far too hot). Light colors do not only indicate a health issue it can indicate all sorts of stuff.

I saw Chameleon academy say that them going a lighter colour is an extreme danger sign that they are over heating. Is the one in the picture a danger sign or just him about to shed?
Right after I left the room he went straight back to the basking place (I have camera). He's a new 3.5 month old Ambilobe panther

Im currently using 60w incandescent bulb, raised 1 inch off screen and 6.5 inches away from his back. It gets to 81f at his back
View attachment 342619

This is what his top setup arrangement looks like
View attachment 342620
(left is uvb, middle is heat& dripper, right is LED)

Hello and welcome! He is such a cutie! Welcome to the chameleon paranoia club!!! I have cameras on all my chams and I keep a super close eye on them all day long...mostly for fun but also so I can make sure they are ok. These creatures are so incredible its easy to just completely fall in love.

Hello and welcome! He is such a cutie! Welcome to the chameleon paranoia club!!! I have cameras on all my chams and I keep a super close eye on them all day long...mostly for fun but also so I can make sure they are ok. These creatures are so incredible its easy to just completely fall in love.
Omg agreed! I have a his camera feed setup so I can watch him while im watching tv and I always realize I just end up watching him instead fo the tv :"D I cannot believe I didn't know about this world before, they are the most amazing creatures I have ever seen.

Omg agreed! I have a his camera feed setup so I can watch him while im watching tv and I always realize I just end up watching him instead fo the tv :"D I cannot believe I didn't know about this world before, they are the most amazing creatures I have ever seen.
100% agree with you! I totally watch my babies over my tv. They are just far more interesting!

Anyways I hope you stick around and share pictures of your darling little one!

Back
Top Bottom