Tropicaire Humidifier and Air Exchanger

What do you mean by air exchanger?

Plenty of people use humidifiers to raise humidity. Search "humidifier" and you will have a weeks worth of reading.

I'am skeptical. It looks to small, and the low retail price suggests it may not handle well. I live in Washington and our humidity is crap. Wet and cold makes for bad cham weather. I use a warm air humdifier I bought at WalMart for 30 dollars and within two hours my bedroom is a perfect 65%. I even run a basic dryer vent to it to angle the steam into the bottom of the cage. Opti loves it.

I seem to remember reading on some other cham forum that someone tried this and didn't like it. The amount of humidity it produced in a large screen cage situation didn't cut it especially if you expect it to replace some of your hand misting. If you plan on spraying during the day and only need this humidifier to stabilize the drop in humidity between spraying, possibly, and then only if your room air is really dry. I think the term "air exchanger" is a fancy way of saying it has a fan. A room humidifier will do the same thing. An ultrasonic room humidifier will produce actual water droplets as the fog condenses on leaves. One of many reasons I like them.

Waste of money!! I bought one, and now I use it to dust crickets with......
didnt do squat for my Green Tree Python cage........stay away from it!!!

Could i use my moms care free humidifier plus "evaporative humidifier"? i could pull that thing out of storage.

Back
Top Bottom