Trioceros johnstoni bwindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadefish View Post
Come on, don't keep us in suspense....fill in the blank: K. _______ Pretty please.
I know which species it is but I promised to keep it a secret!

Aahhhhh! Are you, by chance, importing any of these K. mysteriosi to the U.S.? 'Fess up.

Update on the shipping of the chameleons.
My importer who is doing the shipping has talked to the airport company who will ship the animals to the US.
They can ship end of this month/beginning next month ,exact data will be given soon.
Animals are in our facility and all doing very well:)
Regards
Jurgen

Here are my johnstoni cages waiting.

3upazydu.jpg

Hopefully they dont leave the eggs behind...

I bet they're dropping a bunch.

Likely, but we had the option to ship asap and we opted out. And for good reason...

Let's be happy they've made it to the first stop and soon enough they'll be at our doorstep. I don't like the fact we'd be losing out on partially unrelated clutches as much as any of you but thats the name of the game..

Here are my johnstoni cages waiting.

3upazydu.jpg

I personally prefer cages en gaze ,its better for air flow.
I also would put some extra plants in it they just love it.
I also notice that they prefer to drink out of a dripper,i the beginning we were misting several times a day but they were not seeing drinking after installing a dripper they started to drink after some minutes so its the best to instal one in each cage.
Also separate housing is very important they hate to sit with more than one in a terrarium.
Also don't keep them to warm they like temperatures at daytime around 21c at night a cool down if possible.
A small basking lamp(25w)-is used only for a short time in the morning.
Also a uv lamp is very important.

I really appreciate you taking your time to review my setups.

I personally prefer cages in glass, it’s better for air flow.
~My concern is with the humidity of a screen cage. It's near impossible to hold 70% in a screen cage in Austin. Is the humidity or the additional air flow more important for these guys? I'm planning on putting my girls in the glass cages and boys in the screen.

~added more .. is this enough?
full

full

I also notice that they prefer to drink out of a dripper, I the beginning we were misting
several times a day but they were not seeing drinking after installing a dripper they started to drink after some minutes so its the best to instal one in each cage.

~ I'm using a DIY rain mister/drpper. Do you think this is enough?
full

full

Also separate housing is very important they hate to sit with more than one in a terrarium.
~ I have blockers so that they can't see each other. I hot glued large fake leaves to the glass.
full

Also don't keep them to warm they like temperatures at daytime around 21c at night a cool down if possible.
~ they are in a room that I’m keeping 68F (20c)-73F (23c). This room has a good sized ceiling fan that i run all night.

~ thanks! I will get a separate timer for the basking lamps. I'm using 40W now, I will reduce them to 25.

~ I'm using a Zoomed 24" HO 5.0 on three cages.
I'm using a 30w metal halide exoterra sunray on the other cage. I really like this lamp. I'm planning on getting one for the other 3 cages.

again, Thank you !

Last edited by a moderator:
My Johnstoni Bwindi cages
usegaryd.jpg
uhabypap.jpg
vunuju6e.jpg
zuda4a4y.jpg
y2equ8eh.jpg
juze9u6e.jpg
yte3y7ah.jpg
2uva6epe.jpg

The first 4 pictures are 1 cage. The pictures 5-8 are second cage. Both have Mistking and drip system and uv and basking lights. As you can see both are very heavily filled with live plants based on all the information on this thread. Thanks to all who have posted all this good information. A special thanks to Jurgen as his posts on this thread have been most helpful.
Steve

I take very poor pictures so here are a couple from a distance. I also have a shower curtain in front of the cages so I can close it to give them a more secluded environment.
5a4yheru.jpg
nyha9eqa.jpg
jytytura.jpg

I really appreciate you taking your time to review my setups.

I personally prefer cages in glass, it’s better for air flow.
~My concern is with the humidity of a screen cage. It's near impossible to hold 70% in a screen cage in Austin. Is the humidity or the additional air flow more important for these guys? I'm planning on putting my girls in the glass cages and boys in the screen.

~added more .. is this enough?
full

full

I also notice that they prefer to drink out of a dripper, I the beginning we were misting
several times a day but they were not seeing drinking after installing a dripper they started to drink after some minutes so its the best to instal one in each cage.

~ I'm using a DIY rain mister/drpper. Do you think this is enough?
full

full

~ I have blockers so that they can't see each other. I hot glued large fake leaves to the glass.
full

~ they are in a room that I’m keeping 68F (20c)-73F (23c). This room has a good sized ceiling fan that i run all night.

~ thanks! I will get a separate timer for the basking lamps. I'm using 40W now, I will reduce them to 25.

~ I'm using a Zoomed 24" HO 5.0 on three cages.
I'm using a 30w metal halide exoterra sunray on the other cage. I really like this lamp. I'm planning on getting one for the other 3 cages.

again, Thank you !

Hi ,
Your set up looks way better know ,congrats:)
Its not neceserely to keep the humidity high all day long,i spray in the morning and late afternoon and that's fine the cages need to have time to get completely dry between misting.
25W is fine i notice gravid females are heavy basking non gravid females and males way less.
In EU we use a dripper with a plastic tube that hangs in the cage and drips a few cm above a branch, always observe your animals very closely and see if they drink well and how they adapt its different by every person!!!!
Uv lightning is perfect,good luck;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My Johnstoni Bwindi cages
usegaryd.jpg
uhabypap.jpg
vunuju6e.jpg
zuda4a4y.jpg
y2equ8eh.jpg
juze9u6e.jpg
yte3y7ah.jpg
2uva6epe.jpg

The first 4 pictures are 1 cage. The pictures 5-8 are second cage. Both have Mistking and drip system and uv and basking lights. As you can see both are very heavily filled with live plants based on all the information on this thread. Thanks to all who have posted all this good information. A special thanks to Jurgen as his posts on this thread have been most helpful.
Steve

Perfect,thats what i mean with heavy planting ,they gonna love it(the same feeling as in the wild:D)

Hey Guys,

Any update on flights and ship dates? As you can imagine, many of us need time to schedule around receiving these animals. In addition, it looks like there may be some ugly, cold weather across the US the week of 2/8.

Just checking and thanks!

Back
Top Bottom