Trioceros johnstoni bwindi

Jurgen, you are not understanding what we are telling you. We have no doubts at all that you and the exporter are very knowledgeable and know how to ship/pack sensitive species of chameleons very well. It is not about that, its about the time of year HERE in the USA. It will be around Christmas time and New Years, the busiest time of year for packages to be sent by everyone all over the country, it is also one of the coldest times of the year. Many packages get lost for extended periods of time, or get delayed many days because of the overload of packages being sent through every shipping service in the country. So, it does not matter how well they are packed if they get lost or delayed. I dont understand the rush to ship them here either when we have already been patient enough waiting this long for them. I am beyond stressed over receiving this many chams on top of my own as it is, and the time they are being sent and the shipping carrier conditions here in the states just adds 1000% more stress for me and everyone else getting these chameleons.
It would be absolutely idiotic to rush and send them at the VERY worst time of year they could possibly be sent. Please understand what we are trying to tell you:) I dont want to sound rude at all, but we are very concerned over this. NOT because of you, but because of how shipping is this time of year over here. Its a recipe for disaster.

Paul,
I understand your concern but believe me i dident pick out this time of the year.
To give you some more info about our situation:its not my fault that CITES took 9 months to say ok everything fine you can have the animals .
In our quarantine room we have space for several hundreds of chams we have a full automatic sprinkling installation and we try to split up the animals as much as possible to avoid stress .
But off course we can not stock forever, in January we expect a shipment if Kenya,Tanzania And Cameroon so we can keep them lets say 2 weeks but than we need to make room.
Its also the farm that says i ship know and not next month(Africans smell money over the ocean)so we got to take them now so believe me its not all that simple we will do EVERYTHING to get these guys in a royal treatment to the tarmac of LA.
From there on its not longer in our hands you see.
I wish it was all so simple:confused:

Okay guys,the moment you are all waiting for happened, the shipment is in :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I'm just back from Holland where i helped my importer to unpack them and place them in the terrarium's.
The good news is the quality is fantastic!!!!!
We lost just on animal during transport on a total of 400 animals.
The colors where unseen i saw about 7 different color morphs (3 never seen before)
PLEASE NOTE:i took these pictures when the animals just came out of the transport boxes after a long travel from Uganda to Holland so if some animals don't look at their best or a bit dehydrated its normal after the pics they went under the shower;)
Another very important thing about 80 pro cent of all the females are gravid(2 females lay during transport i found 40 eggs:D)
So in a few months it will by a BIG baby boom in the US;
Enjoy....

I wasn't clear on what came in after all. Is it just Johnston's that came in? If so, when are the rest of the species coming in? Maybe I'm jumping ahead of myself and they're all in, so, if thats the case, I'm hoping to see pictures of them as well. Sorry, I see you're still uploading pictures. Disregard, I just saw the Hoe....

Back
Top Bottom