Trioceros cristatus Update

Well we have started the day today with an open right eye!
Hopefully she will continue to improve.

-Brad

Patrick, wowwwwwww.
eek2.gif
Awesome cage for Cresties. How much of the height do they use? Have you thought about keeping quads or montiums in there also?

Brad, I'm really glad you got these guys. Looks like you're not a hot, lowland guy afterall, eh? I'm sure with some attention that girl will turn around in no time.

´Thanks,

yes i ll keep my montium and quads the same way.
it works very well. ive keep high humidy in it and haven t any problems with water - problems. they are using the comptete high. but the still sit very often near the ground, especially the female. the often climb up when it is starting to "rain".

Today I moved her into a small glass terrarium of her own.
The wheezing has stopped, but the right eye continues to be closed quite a bit of the time.
She is drinking well. I haven't seen her eat in a couple of days but that doesn't mean she hasn't. I have been working a lot lately and have not been able to observe her as much.
I am still treating the eye with Gentamicin and will be speaking to the vet today. This Saturday it will be two weeks that I have been administering these drops and I am not sure how long I can (or should) continue with them.
Here are a couple of pictures of her today in her new space.

-Brad

Last edited:
How many times a day are you putting the drops in? The new enclosure looks good, does she seem more at ease in there?

Glad to hear that the wheezing has stopped. ;)

How many times a day are you putting the drops in? The new enclosure looks good, does she seem more at ease in there?

Glad to hear that the wheezing has stopped. ;)

The drops are being administered 2 to 3 times a day.
She has seemed at ease the whole time (regardless of the enclosure) but I had not built the sterilite container with any drainage and due to the amount of misting it was not working too well.
This terrarium has the hydroton/carbon water table under the substrate and will work much better.
I am glad the wheezing has stopped too. Our main investment with her now is time.

-Brad

When you bring a WC in to your collection, do you have to isolate them in a separate room during a quarantine period?
Candy

..... but the right eye continues to be closed quite a bit of the time.
She is drinking well. I haven't seen her eat in a couple of days but that doesn't mean she hasn't.

I am still treating the eye with Gentamicin and will be speaking to the vet today. This Saturday it will be two weeks that I have been administering these drops and I am not sure how long I can (or should) continue with them.

-Brad

Hey Brad:

Well, "quite a bit of the time" is better than "all" the time. ;) Glad to hear that she is showing some signs of improvement! :)

I have used Gentamicin for up to 2 weeks before with a couple previous eye issues and it was fine. Granted, I'm not a vet, but mine did tell me that 2 weeks was fine if the issues warrant it.

We all hope that she feels better soon! :)

Back
Top Bottom