Transvaalense Set-ups

dragongoddess

Established Member
I was trying to keep my temps low like originally advised but like other I have found that my babies
were hanging out near the top of the cage and staying dark.
Right now the highest basking point is 90〫F with the lowest point being 70〫F. They still head to the
top areas of the cage to mid, never heading to the low areas.
I have been misting once a day for 45-60 sec. I leave the dripper on, turning it off only when misting
and until most of the misting droplets have dissipated.

Just wondering how this compares to everyone else Transvaalense babies.

Well, I dont have trans, but I definitely notice my thamnos dont mind the heat at all, and if they cant get to at least 80F body temp, they stay dark.

The highest Ive measured them at, was 90F.
The lowest they seem to keep themselves is 81F.

I mist twice a day usually, but a few times Ive just given them a single misting.

Ive only seen nice white urates from them.

I to tried keeping my temps low. I had dark unhappy chams, hanging off the ceiling. Now it goes closer to 80 and they are fine. I also worried that my night temps wear not low enough, but they seen to react well to the 68 to 70 range at night. I have been giving them two mistings a day and no dripper.do you think a dripper would be a good addition?

I do not currently use a dripper.

I dont see how a dripper would hurt anything though, and may start using one, especially when they are outside, when its quite hot.

It would probably be good to use inside as well, if for nothing else, but to help water my plants, as they dont seem to be doing very well in the dry climate Ive created. ;/

I also have plant issues. I have already replaced a ficus that was dropping leaves at an extremely fast rate. Replacing a plant when I layer the way i learned fron you Solid Snake, is a big event!

I find that mine like it wetter, so I'm still deciding what to do about that. I may start giving at least one longer morning mist and then shorter ones during the day and see how that goes.

Everything sounds about the same. My temps are also at 90 at the warmest and drop to 72-73 at the bottom. The humidity stays very low unless I've misted, so I may have to correct that as well. It gets as low as 25% if I let it, which is surprising since the Furcifer cages stay at 40-50% with all their misting, and they're only 3 feet away.

Back
Top Bottom