Tips to convince mom to let me get another cham/reptile

Show her how responsibly you are looking after the first one.
Show her you can earn the money to look after it yourself.
Show her you're responsible enough to do your school work properly and things you're supposed to do around the house.
Thanks
I can already do all of those things so I just need to show her I also think because chameleons are going to be large part of my future (breeding and exotic vet) I could write a lot of good points and tell her them

Are you also breeding bug colonies? That really helps keep cost and maintenance down for keeping them. You could ask your mom if there's anything you can improve upon and if she has ideas on how you can demonstrate your ready for cham #2. Or what her concerns are, and then you can consider and attempt to address those concerns.

Questions she may ask:
Where are you going to put another?
Why do you want/need another?
Who/how is all of it’s needs going to be paid for?
Be prepared for those and more.
Point out all of the positive benefits and changes such as increasing your responsibility, learning so very much (much reading involved), the calm and joy you get from them, etc.
Be mature and reasonable. If she initially says no, ask if perhaps you could do something to ‘earn’ getting another.
I wish you much success! :)

Me want more chameleon
Lmao I do too... but honestly I'm not gonna. First I don't have the room. Second. It becomes quite a bit of money for another enclosure, plants , bugs & 2 vet bills. & then there's buying another cham. But then you need to worry about if it has anything that could possibly transfer to your other cham. & do you have enough space to make sure they don't see each other. Idk alot of things to think of before you try to convince your mom. Lol just my intake. Good luck though kiddo♡

Questions she may ask:
Where are you going to put another?
Why do you want/need another?
Who/how is all of it’s needs going to be paid for?
Be prepared for those and more.
Point out all of the positive benefits and changes such as increasing your responsibility, learning so very much (much reading involved), the calm and joy you get from them, etc.
Be mature and reasonable. If she initially says no, ask if perhaps you could do something to ‘earn’ getting another.
I wish you much success! :)
O lmaooooo. Kinda said the same things hahaha. Great minds think alike.

Just go up to her and say in a caveman voice me want chameleon….. or say in a sophisticated voice there are great reasons to owning a Cham number one… and have a bulletin board and bar graphs etc

Ok, I think the main issue is probably the cost of another one. Here are some ways to pay for one:
Sell one of your siblings
Steal some money
Threatening (you will need a gun for this one)
Talk to your dad instead, I find that foot rubs can be very convincing.
Pay your doctor to tell your mom that you have a disease that can only be cured by getting more reptiles(the scientific term is Iwantmorereptilesobia)
Happy to help!
(To anyone who could not tell, I was joking about these! Except the foot rub one, No joke it actually works!)

Honestly, the reality is, if she doesnt want another you're probably not going to get another. Best way would be to get her on board in some way... if she is emotionally invested in the hobby then you stand a fighting chance of getting another.

Parents are pretty smart and can see through the "arguments" about your future or breeder... heck, if I ended up doing half the things I told my parents I'd be an amateur gynecologist by now... TMI? Sorry... but seriously...

Again your best bet is to get her involved but that is not a quick fix to your problem of getting another one.

Ok, I think the main issue is probably the cost of another one. Here are some ways to pay for one:
Sell one of your siblings
Steal some money
Threatening (you will need a gun for this one)
Talk to your dad instead, I find that foot rubs can be very convincing.
Pay your doctor to tell your mom that you have a disease that can only be cured by getting more reptiles(the scientific term is Iwantmorereptilesobia)
Happy to help!
(To anyone who could not tell, I was joking about these! Except the foot rub one, No joke it actually works!)
Lol footrubs fo work 100%

Back
Top Bottom