Thought this was funny, had to post

cswan19

I saw this online and it made me laugh :)

hVBawqQ.png

lol - I am trying to come up with a way to find mine in F/R - like a "vest" of some sort - but this would work- :p
I must share this too- TY for posting - lol

Too funny! ....I just noticed you're from Venice--I went to Venice High, graduated 2008. My brothers live there still. I miss the beaches!

Haha thats awesome, although I must say the cham doesn't look very amused. Better make sure you don't use a big balloon or they'll float away!

Haha thats awesome, although I must say the cham doesn't look very amused. Better make sure you don't use a big balloon or they'll float away!

HAHAHAH that would be ironic. losing your cham by trying not to lose your cham

It's definitely a funny image, but maybe not a funny situation? I don't know, on the one hand it doesn't really seem that different from dressing up your dog in a silly outfit, which people do all the time, but on the other hand that's not exactly super cool either. I don't know. There are worse things that could be done, and at least they took a funny picture that will last much longer then the chams discomfort. I definitely wouldn't do it though.

I'm just imagining that mylar balloon floating up into those power lines(with the cham still attached).......not a good scenario.

I'm just imagining that mylar balloon floating up into those power lines(with the cham still attached).......not a good scenario.

yeah but that's taking it at little far IMO, and so far out of the realm of possibility it really shouldn't even be mentioned lol.

that would never happen short of a 60+mph wind lifting the chameleon airborne (which would be strong enough to make a chameleon not tied to a balloon go airborne so its a mute point lol) assuming of course the chameleon didn't have a strong grasp of something

but the average size mylar balloon can lift like 12-18 grams if filled with helium, no where near enough to lift an adult male at 200-250+ grams, you would need 13-25 of these balloons tied to him just to get him airborne hovering a few inches off the ground (depending on his actual weight, and size of the balloons) then 1-2 more balloons to get him to rise up towards power lines, at any sort of substantial speed.

but either way, to stay more on topic

I think the OP was doing this all in good fun, I don't think he does this all day every day with his chameleons, nor do I believe he is advocating it as a realistic thing for all cham owners to do lol. It was done in humor, slightly at the chameleons expense lol ill admit, but all humor is usually at someones expense. I found the humor it in, hopefully others can too, and not look to deeply into it and or take it too seriously.

Aww come on guys. I don't think he meant it seriously.. It's just a silly fun image.

Of course if the wind picked up the chameleon would be gone, but the owner was right there. Calm yourselves. The owner probably thought of that funny picture and then recreated it out of his head.

I think it's a funny picture but I wouldn't ever do that :p

Aww come on guys. I don't think he meant it seriously.. It's just a silly fun image.

Of course if the wind picked up the chameleon would be gone, but the owner was right there. Calm yourselves. The owner probably thought of that funny picture and then recreated it out of his head.

I think it's a funny picture but I wouldn't ever do that :p

exactly, all I can say is it brought a smile to my face when I saw it... would I do it all day every day, absolutely not, but as a humor bit, it was funny.

yeah but that's taking it at little far IMO, and so far out of the realm of possibility it really shouldn't even be mentioned lol.

that would never happen short of a 60+mph wind lifting the chameleon airborne (which would be strong enough to make a chameleon not tied to a balloon go airborne so its a mute point lol) assuming of course the chameleon didn't have a strong grasp of something

but the average size mylar balloon can lift like 12-18 grams if filled with helium, no where near enough to lift an adult male at 200-250+ grams, you would need 13-25 of these balloons tied to him just to get him airborne hovering a few inches off the ground (depending on his actual weight, and size of the balloons) then 1-2 more balloons to get him to rise up towards power lines, at any sort of substantial speed.

but either way, to stay more on topic

I think the OP was doing this all in good fun, I don't think he does this all day every day with his chameleons, nor do I believe he is advocating it as a realistic thing for all cham owners to do lol. It was done in humor, slightly at the chameleons expense lol ill admit, but all humor is usually at someones expense. I found the humor it in, hopefully others can too, and not look to deeply into it and or take it too seriously.

don't get me wrong, that wasn't some sort of dire warning as I realize the improbability of such a thing happening...unless of course you live in a very, very windy place like I do(25-35+ mph winds are certainly not uncommon), but I get what you are saying. that being said, I did find the image cleverly humorous and in fact shared it on FB after first seeing it....one of my friends on FB that has a veiled that looks a lot like the one in the picture got a good kick out of it as well. carry on and keep the humor coming. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom