[Thought it was about that time]

DawnLove

Why hello there! ;)

25.gif

Thought it was about time I make a "formal introduction" !
So the obvious? My name is Dawn, and I'm a new proud momma to a Jackon's Juvenile Female..We haven't quite named her yet, I like "Grace" but the man put down his hammer on that one, he want's to name her "Camilla". I found my way here, in hopes of gaining as much knowledge as possible in the ensuring I am taking care of her in the best of ways! :)

In general, she's a friendly lil girl & actually LIKES to be held! That's what actually caught our attention to begin with...She was waving at us from her previous home, and doing silly things...She kept trying to get out, and come to us. ...Once we finally held her, she just sat in our hands looking up at us, and didn't look scared at all... we fell in love...

It's been about a week and a half now, and for the most part, so far so good!! Other than her, we have 4 guinea pigs, they have an enclosure inside, and one in the backyard..9 Beta Fishies...and a Doberman... I love em all so much, I've grown up an animal lover...My mom and I used to run an animal rescue when I was younger...and my dad is the head of the southeast region for his company, supplying animal health products to smaller, good hearted companies...It's become a LARGE part of who I am, and I wouldn't have it any other way! :D I've grown up, both a city, and country gal, and been around all sorts of animals, other than Chameleons..ha..

Other than my stressful office job in a busy law firm, I work as a photographer, graphic designer, and club promoter...Also about to go back to school...whew ::wipes forehead::...So a chameleon is just what I needed to keep me busier! LOL :rolleyes: but I'm really enjoying it, and everything that comes along with it...

Piece I am currently working on, and plan to paint on my living room wall...
7Abstractgurk.jpg

I'm quite goofy & silly, so don't take things I say too seriously (well most of the time :p that is) I'm just really happy I found this forum, I've already learned SOO much thus far, & this is my first chameleon...so let the learning and fun times ensue!!!

Thanks to you all, really!!! :D
HAND.gif

cham9.jpg

cham10.jpg

My lil' lady!

cage4.jpg

Her setup currently, we are working on a much larger enclosure for her
(my boyfriend, being an architect, is taking it much too seriously lol..)

5-1.jpg

porkypig.jpg

DawnSig.jpg

I love goofy and silly.
Welcome to the forums.
You will have a blast on here and occasionally learn something as well.

I love goofy and silly.
Welcome to the forums.
You will have a blast on here and occasionally learn something as well.

Yes, I'd say.... judging by your avatar ..ha..

Dummy's got a dash of creepy thrown in the mix...but otherwise, entertaining :p

Wow, what an introduction!! :) Love it. Can see the artist! Well, we both have Jacksons so I gotta like ya ;) Welcome and hope this forum treats you good.

Wow, what an introduction!! :) Love it. Can see the artist! Well, we both have Jacksons so I gotta like ya ;) Welcome and hope this forum treats you good.

Thanks...but ya don't "have to" like me ya know....
::says sheepishly and ducks tail between legs::

But it is good to have another Jackson lover on board with me! :D

Dawn,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here. I think you will find all the information you need and then some. I see your quite the artist and a photographer aswell, very cool! Blackbetty(Amanda) is a photographer aswell, and takes some of the coolest animal photos I have ever seen!:) You have got to share some of yours aswell!;) After seeing that "club photo" I must say you remind me of my younger sister....hehe.:eek: She is a bartender at "The Bank", the Club/Bar in the Belagio in Las Vegas, along with runway modeling for a few designers.:p Anyhoo.....good to have you here, and I hope your cham brings you as much happiness as mine do!:)

-Jay

Last edited:
Dawn,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here. I think you will find all the information you need and then some. I see you quite the artist and a photographer aswell, very cool! Blackbetty(Amanda) is a photographer aswell, and takes some of the coolest animal photos I have ever seen!:) You have got to share some of yours aswell!;) After seeing that "club photo" I must say you remind me of my younger sister....hehe.:eek: She is a bartender at "The Bank", the Club/Bar in the Belagio in Las Vegas, along with runway modeling for a few designers.:p Anyhoo.....good to have you here, and I hope your cham brings you as much happiness as mine do!:)

-Jay

Thank you!
I'm sure I'll get around to post much more pics eventually! ;)
Thanks for the link on the dubia's by the way!
:D

I have to ask...

Is your boyfriend a Red Dwarf fan? The name of Camilla for a chameleon comes directly from an episode... :)

I don't have any Jacksons currently, but a Jacksons was my first chameleon. I loved him lots, he was a great little guy. I'm glad you're enjoying him.

Back
Top Bottom