Third quad female laid... finally

DGray

Avid Member
Last night I saw my third gravid female quad digging. Today I will excavate the clutch; I'll update when I know how many eggs.

This lady took her own sweet time; they all were bred about the same time but she has been waiting for more than a month after the other females laid. Its been making me crazy. She was just huge, too, but only stopped eating Sunday.

More later.

and the number is...

Just dug up seventeen eggs. All look good, and so does the mom.

Just my female won't lay any eggs??? i'm waiting for a long time :(
Anyway congras for these results and good luck with those eggs!!! ;) how many eggs do you have right now??

shy of four dozen

Thanks Syn.

There are 46 eggs in my very full incubator now. So far one was lost - it molded in the first few days.

The first clutch could hatch in November if all goes well.

why won't she lay?

Thanks Jack.

Patience. When she's ready, she will lay.

I think this last female was gravid for over five months. The clutch wasn't overly large and the eggs seem normal. Every animal could be a little different...

Five months! I would go crazy worrying about my female if she was gravid that long. lol 21-30 days seems like forever, 5 months is torture.

DGray said:

I'm not so impatient, my only fear is that she will explode!! ;) i see her bigger day after day.. and i hope she will be fine!!! congrats again anyway.. we hope to see lots of babies and pics!! :D

biggest clutch so far

Thanks Drew.

This is the biggest clutch of the three; the others were 14 and 16.

low temps = long wait

Thanks Scott (TX Panther Man).

Yeah, quads do seem a bit slow about hatching. Gestation usually isn't quite that long normally AFAIK.

Low temperatures mean slower development...

Thanks Jack.

I think this last female was gravid for over five months. The clutch wasn't overly large and the eggs seem normal. Every animal could be a little different...

my female is gravid over 6 months now.

kinda wondering if I should take her to the vet this week.
she still eats like I'm starving her and almost never goes down to the bottom of her cage or her plants.
she has never made a test hole and I'm getting scared.

Harry

woman's perogative?

Harry, be patient.

The girl who laid today was the first to swell up - she looked like a blimp for months. I began to wonder if I done something wrong with her after the other two dropped in June.

I would be patient if she does seem to be distressed.

well, I'm gona wait another two weeks then.
she clearly is acting like she is only 2 or 3 months gravid...alert, semi active, eats like a pig.
I'm just hope I don't lose her.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom