They're here.....!!!!

Veiledtsgnm

Omg she finally layed her first clutch.... I'm so happy.... 26 total.... Now they aren't fertile but I am about to get a male soon and I wante to know y'all's opinions on breeding how do y'all feel about it and is it profitable?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 159
Don't breed to make profit. If you're thinking $$$ you're not getting into breeding for the right reason. I've had many people ask if I will ever breed because my chameleons have desirable traits, but the answer is always no. Or at least not yet. I hardly have a year of experience with owning chameleons, why would I want to jump into something so fragile?

And to answer your question about "is it profitable?" I do not believe you will make much money breeding veiled chameleons being in the US. They will go for $50-$75 a pop and it will cost you a small fortune to feed and house them. You also have to consider whether or not you'd be able to find homes for all of them. If you don't sell them right at 2 months, the males would eventually have to be separated and you'd likely have to lower your price. It's something you have to REALLY consider before going in to.

I would also like to point out that our site sponsors who breed have all had much experience with chameleons, and they don't just breed because it is their business, they breed because it is a joy in their eyes to bring new beautiful life in to the world.

grats!
i think breeding has to be from love or fascination.
seems that it would be very hard to make money at it.

Back
Top Bottom